X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire versus FW190

I am thinking of getting the flightline spitfire 47" or the FW190 44" but not sure which one would be the best for the warbird races we have at our club. Some members in my club are using eflite p51's and the air cobra. Any suggestions? I am new to hobby squawk so i look forward to the feed back
    Not sure
    0%
    Please reply
    0%

Randy H Hi Randy, welcome to Hobby Squawk! To answer your question, between the FlightLine Spitfire or FW190 for "racing", I prefer the Spitfire. It would make a neat clipped wing racing Spitfire that looks unique and flies well in a racing environment. The Spitfire is more robust than the FW-190, if you plan to upgrade the power system. It can also take a hit a bit better (ask me how I know!)

I would recommend removing the flaps to reduce weight, and probably clipping both the wings and the tail planes. Consider also installing the two bladed "Sport" system setup, which increases speed but more importantly greatly increases vertical performance and acceleration, which is important when racing.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...t-power-system
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Randy H, You will NEVER go wrong taking advise from "the Alpha" and considering airfoils are the same or similar, the wing plan-form of the Spittie with 'clipped' wings to say 44" overall, I'd say would be a better choice. I can see a 'racing' livery on that clipped airframe. Mmm, another model? And a very hearty welcome to "the Squawk." Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thx for the feedback Alpha and Elbee. I have only flown large scale nitro scale planes such as sky shark FW190 and ME109 and a top flight Spitfire among others. This will be a new experience flying a lightly loaded electric airplane. I think I am leaning toward the spitfire. Any ideas on the battery to use? I see the recommended battery on the motion sight but the utube flight demo they used a 4000mili battery.

Comment

Hi Randy, I fly the Spitfire with the Admiral 6S 5000 all the way forward, CG is perfect so and you have a lot of flighttime!

Comment

But also the FW190 is fun to fly on the Admiral 4S 4000!

Comment

As Alpha said use a 2 bladed prop, I use a 12x12 APC on mine. I use a 6s 3700 Zippy Compact for speed but be aware the wing flexes at high speeds on this, and slow before doing a pylon turn at speed. For sport flying I use the same battery but in 5s. If I was buying batteries today I'd get the 3500 Hobby Star. We have them set up for FPV combat here.

J&W, this is for the 1200 FL Spit...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1425.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	234964
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the feed back on the spitfire versus the FW. I will go with the spitfire and use some of the suggestions on battery choice.

Comment

Working...
                X