X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite 1.2m P-47 Kansas Tornado discussion thread

Hello 👋 everyone couldn’t find a thread on this little warbird so wanted to get the conversation started. We have had an absolute ball with this bird. The manual recommends 3s on this bird but we have been flying ours on 4s with no issues for over a year. I have flown this with everything from a 3s 2200 to a 4s 4000 and it just likes them all. If your looking for your first warbird or you an experience fighter pilot I can’t recommend this one enough. The large wheels and wider gear make it a breeze to land and take off and safe is there for you newer pilots 😉 anyway check out our full review and if you enjoy it hit that subscribe button.

I enjoyed y'all's spin on this nice flying airplane!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey Boozer! I loved your video review of this airplane. I just finished the assembly of mine (Been on Backorder for a while and just arrived).

I found she’s tail heavy with a 3s 2800 and using the recommended 65mm CG measurement. So, will be adding some weight.

More disturbing is my elevator pushrod tube is not secure within the fuselage allowing it to flex significantly when up elevator is applied. Trying to figure out how to secure it without cutting into the fuselage.

Cant wait to fly it!

Comment

Maidened the Jug today. What a great airplane! I was expecting a lot more P-factor input on takeoff. With hardly any rudder input, she tracked straight as an arrow! Wanted to climb even with added nose weight. Trimmed it out and adjusted at clevis. Second flight was much more stable.
        Rolled her right on with both landings. She does land faster than I expected. Touch down a quarter of the runway and she rolled the length (approx 115’ grass runway).

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra1365 View Post
          Maidened the Jug today. What a great airplane! I was expecting a lot more P-factor input on takeoff. With hardly any rudder input, she tracked straight as an arrow! Wanted to climb even with added nose weight. Trimmed it out and adjusted at clevis. Second flight was much more stable.
          Rolled her right on with both landings. She does land faster than I expected. Touch down a quarter of the runway and she rolled the length (approx 115’ grass runway).
          I to found it a bit tail heavy on the lighter packs I now only fly her with a 3000 4S pack all the way in the nose and it’s a puppy dog. Sorry to hear about the bad luck on the elevator rod hopefully it wasn’t to hard of a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post

I to found it a bit tail heavy on the lighter packs I now only fly her with a 3000 4S pack all the way in the nose and it’s a puppy dog. Sorry to hear about the bad luck on the elevator rod hopefully it wasn’t to hard of a fix.
            My elevator rod fix (big glob of hot glue;) ) seems to be holding. I am surprised they didn’t run the pushrod thru that former for better security. But, she’s flying great. I have 5 flights on her now. I can see why people like the 4s option for the “if you need it” power. She does get a bit mushy if you’re not careful. Again, I like flying her!

Comment

I love the plane but I don't understand why they used an A330 digital servo on the elevator and an A330 analog servo on the rudder or why my rudder servo has a restricted range of motion. The servo moves less than half the distance of the digital servo. I know many flyers don't use the rudder but I do for steering on the ground, which is almost no existent, and for coordinated turns to counter the effects of reverse yaw. Does anyone else have this problem. I can program more throw in my radio but it doesn't show up in the servo.

Comment

Have you moved the control rod to gain more throw mechanically yet?

Comment

Hey Guys,
                  Any Ideas about putting a more scale looking Propeller on the P-47 ? the 10.5x8x4 looks so small !! I thought about trying an extra 12x7x3 from my T-28 1.2m and round the ends and paint them yellow but would really like to find a 12x5x4 or 12x6x4..
                  any Ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbkr123 View Post
                    Hey Guys,
                    Any Ideas about putting a more scale looking Propeller on the P-47 ? the 10.5x8x4 looks so small !! I thought about trying an extra 12x7x3 from my T-28 1.2m and round the ends and paint them yellow but would really like to find a 12x5x4 or 12x6x4..
                    any Ideas ?
                    Very difficult to find a 12x6 4 blade prop in plastic unless it is a Master airscrew prop. Anything else you will spend major cash to get it from my experience. The HH 1.2 T-28 is a great Idea! Please post pics up if you try it!!!! I will order the prop and try it and see how it turns out. Thank you for posting this up!!! I'm going to try this on my Eflite Corsair 1.2m.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                      I found a Prop I'm excited about trying, it is a 12x6x3 prop off of a Banana Hobby Wildcat F4F 1.2m. Part# BHLX-F4F-W18009. I haven't flown with it yet but looks like a good match for the P-47.
                      My T-28 1.2m has a 12x7x3 prop with a 3540-850kv motor and 70A Avian ESC. The P-47 has a 3541-880kv motor and the same 70A Avian ESC. I ran the specs through eCalc and the results are almost identical.The only modification I had to do was cut 4mm off of the Propeller hub, it was a little to long.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6025.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	395453 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6030.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	395454

Comment

PeaJay5,
                        This would look awesome on your Corsair !!
                        I hope to get out to the Field and try this out... I will report back on how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbkr123 View Post
                          PeaJay5,
                          This would look awesome on your Corsair !!
                          I hope to get out to the Field and try this out... I will report back on how it goes.
                          Yes, please let me know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                          X