Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, It's been a little long coming. But, the successful flight of this bird is in the can and on the Merry Boozer Channel. We will post video on this thread shortly! Papa

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing it fly!

Comment

My maiden we OK but both my wheel pants got rotated forward down after take off....the landing ended with a nose over and cracked the battery hatch canopy. Completed five more flights after the maiden in good order. Now....where do we find canopies for this bird....any ideas?

TwistedGrin

Comment

[QUOTE=TwistedGrin;n297520]Well my power plant strategy may have just changed with the Boozer's set up from the original 6s plan to a much lighter 4s strategy. This might play well on the nose over tendancies!!

Original 6s plan and weight comparisons:
          Great Planes Rimfire .55 480Kv (268g) / HobbyStar 6s 45c 5200mAh LiPo (660g) : 928grams
          Power Up 46 530Kv (397g) / G-Force 5s 30c 4000mAh LiPo (505g): 902grams
          FlightLine 5055-390kV (410g) / HobbyStar 6s 45c 5200mAh LiPo (660g): 1070grams

The weight difference is about 26grams....noting the Rimfire .55 is lighter (Rimfire vrs Power Up)...so most of the weight is from the battery. MAS 13x12x3 has been shipped....no spinner for now. I think the 6s package may be OK at 26grams heavier.....the landing gear rake forward is something I will definitely try to do if I stay with the 6s power system.

The Boozers have this bird set up on a 4s power system that might do very well and alleviate the nose-over scenario!! The Boozer's landed their 4s 30c 4000mAh at 3.81v per cell at 5minutes so I will step up to the 5000mAh LiPo and still be lighter than a 6s package.
          FlightLine 3748-580kV (200g) / Spektrum 4s 30c 5000mAh LiPo (486g): 686grams
          Couple the FlightLine 4blade prop and spinner combo (12x7x4)

The old reliable PAEP motors that FMS used to deploy are still out there and I have some...but not sure about the prop connectors.
          PAEP 4250-580KV (249g) / Spektrum 4s 30c 4000mAh LiPo 375g): 624grams

The Spektrum 60amp

Comment

Just happened to check and see if Tower had this aircraft and parts back in stock - YES!!! So I ordered a replacement battery hatch canopy!!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

Have to make a report here about this ARF....at first I was not that excited about this airframe....it looked strange in the air and seemed to fly a little stiff. However as I began to fly it more often and in stiff cross winds....it's a very good flying aircraft. It takes off straight and steady and the landings are like an arrow.....I am flying with a Hobby Eagle A3L stabilizer, via Rimire 480Kv .55 motor; 6s 5200mAh 50c LiPo ....this bird tracks really well and ya....suprisingly cruises pretty fast all day long. It makes giant loops with ease and when kept in the throttle has very good aileron roll performance. It's an oddball wing that flies really nice. Have to give this a thumbs up and a keeper after several months of not really giving it a shot .......it's a fun bird to fly!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

How did you ever get to tell wheel wire bent to go in the rudder cuz it's stiff as heck

Comment

I just scored a super deal on of these new in the box at our local swap meet last weekend. Planning on redoing the landing gear and shortening the cowl a little to improve the scale looks. I think it can be done with little effect to the flying weight and done do that the nose over tendency is reduced a little.

Comment

Have you all been happy with the manual's 90mm CG position ? Anybody flown with landing gear as designed AND with it raked forward ? Any differences seen in landing process -- I can fly off of tarmac or grass.
                    Thanks, Barry

Comment

Working...
                    X