X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bancroft 1:200 Scale Battleship Bismarck

Bancroft 1/200 scale Battleship Bismark RTR (Ready to Run)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_Hero1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	218.1 KB ID:	241208

Captivating military observers and historians since its creation, the German battleship Bismarck was a feared warship that threatened to change the course of World War 2 in the Atlantic. Known for sinking the British HMS Hood, the Bismarck was ultimately hunted down and sunk by a massive Allied flotilla involving more than 30 Allied vessels and several aircraft units. Even after its demise, the Bismark continues to live on in the annals of military naval history.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C0196T01 - CopyBjpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	241223

Bancroft’s Elite Series of 1/200 scale warships continues with the Battleship Bismarck. Display this museum piece on your mantle or stun your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC battleship. Over 600 total parts and 250 man-hours of work is already completed for you –just 15 minutes of your time is required to prepare the boat for service out of the box.

Delivered as a Ready to Run (RTR), the vessel can be sailing within minutes of being unboxed, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter, pre-bound 2.4Ghz receiver, and 2s Li-Ion battery.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_Hero2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	165.4 KB ID:	241207

The 1/200 scale Bancroft Bismarck arrives fully painted and detailed with over 350 brass photo-etched parts including antennas, railings, launch ramps, ladders, and AA guns. The Bancroft 1/200 Bismarck also features a genuine one-piece wood deck that is laser cut and pre-installed onto the one-piece molded hull. The laser etched pattern simulates the individual deck timbers used to cover the massive battleship.

A one-piece molded hull is optimized for scale fidelity and also real-world RC performance; I found this model to be very stable at slow speed and during high speed maneuvers, slicing a satisfying wake with its distinctive bow.
    Moving aft of the foredeck, we reach the two forward main turrets. Each turret is painstakingly molded, painted, then detailed with PE parts. The main turrets attach to the hull with a simple centered post. This allows them to be positioned with your finger in any direction. It would be very simple for modelers to install a servo to traverse the turret remotely!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06860.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	241221Click image for larger version  Name:	image_52293.jpg Views:	11 Size:	128.1 KB ID:	241222
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

The Bismarck’s superstructure houses the smoke stacks, belt defense systems, and bridge. The observation aircraft and several lifeboats are also stored here. Movable cranes used to position the real floatplanes and retrieve them from the water are also recreated in fine detail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_Factory_Assembled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.5 KB ID:	241210Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_Positionable_Parts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	241211

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0338.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.5 KB ID:	241215 Click image for larger version  Name:	C0191T01.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.2 KB ID:	241217

Moving to the stern of the battleship Bismarck, a hatch gives easy access to the rudder’s control hardware inside the hull. Smart design paired with stellar detail are hallmarks of Bancroft’s Elite Series. Every brass photo-etched railing is sharply rendered for precise detail, and I was happy to see that they’re durable enough to be bent back to shape if lightly dinged during transport. Regardless, I would recommend these Elite series models for surefooted adults only. Dropping a model battleship with hundreds of tiny metal pieces is not ideal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_Rudder_Access_Hatch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	241213Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_Genuine_Wood_Deck.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	241212
    Despite being such a large and detailed warship, the 1/200 Bismarck like the 1/200 Missouri and 1/200 Yamato is very easy to service. The primary superstructure is molded around one central piece, that can be removed by gripping either the forward and aft ends of the superstructure and lifting straight up away from the deck. Raised returns are molded into the hull to enable perfect alignment every time! I really like this implementation because it allows access into the battery bay within a few seconds, without needing any screws or fussy disassembly of the model.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C0183T01.JPG Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	241216

Comment

Four pre-installed motors drive four polished brass screws (propellers), just like the real Bismarck. The battery mounting plate, waterproof ESC, on/off switch, and pre-bound 2.5Ghz receiver are all mounted cleanly. The Bismarck has plenty of space to add ballast or service the electronics bay. The 2s 7.4v system runs for over 30 minutes on the stock included battery. The Bismarck could likely balance with up to 2s 20,000mAh packs, if you wanted to run it all day! The three motors drive three brass screws (propellers). These metal screws are connected to the motors via steel drive shafts and safety links. They are waterproofed well out-of-the-box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_4Motor_Drive.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	241218

The only “assembly” the user needs to do is to unwrap the separately packaged sub-assemblies such as turrets, cranes, and planes, and insert their posts into the matching holes on the ship. Even the rigging is pre-assembled and tied –the user just clips the main line onto two anchoring positions. From opening the box to putting it in the water, I logged 15 minutes. You’ll need to triple that to account for “Oogle” time though, as you pour over the staggering amount of details on this model!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_History.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	241219

I love the 1/200 scale for Bancroft’s Elite Series of battleships, because they’re the perfect length to be large, imposing, and hyper-detailed, yet they’re still “small” enough to be carried by one person and transported in a car’s back seat. The Bismarck is well at home with other large RC Warships in the >1m hull length class.

Comment

As a static modeler, 1/350 warships were about as large as I ever built in the past. Now, having access to a 1/200 battleship that not only looks amazing out-of-the-box (saving me weeks of building) but also runs without any hassles is a sign this hobby is only getting better and better. For the scale-nut in me, there is enough size at 1/200 scale to play with smoke generators, lights, moving turrets, and other DIY customizations. When I’m out flying airplanes, the Bismarck makes a striking static display model on my shelf. It certainly commands attention!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Bismark_RTR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.3 KB ID:	241220

Two important notes:
        1. Once you’re powered on, the screws (propellers) will spin when you advance the throttle. This is a hazard when holding the boat, so always practice safe modeling and do not turn on the boat’s switch until you’re at the boat launch and your radio is away from anything that might move the throttle stick without your consent.
        2. Ballast is required to balance the boat to your preferred level of trim. Additional useable weight may be used in the form of a larger battery, or deadweight may be used in the form of lead ballast, ball bearings, or other dense metal weights.

Comment

Looks awesome. Is there a photo of it being held by someone to get a size perspective?

Comment

my son has a 64 in Bismarck with rotating turrets and smoke. so I would like to do the same should I get one. so I assume the high servos come off with the super structure but how are the lower ones any chance of getting pic of that inside and out, same with the smoke ports.
            Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Originally posted by Dora Nine View Post
              Looks awesome. Is there a photo of it being held by someone to get a size perspective?
              Not of the Bismarck at the moment but this is the Missouri (53inches / 1350mm) which is about 4 inches (100mm) longer than the Bismarck (49inches / 1250mm)

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	3077
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	243398

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                As a static modeler, 1/350 warships were about as large as I ever built in the past. Now, having access to a 1/200 battleship that not only looks amazing out-of-the-box (saving me weeks of building) but also runs without any hassles is a sign this hobby is only getting better and better. For the scale-nut in me, there is enough size at 1/200 scale to play with smoke generators, lights, moving turrets, and other DIY customizations. When I’m out flying airplanes, the Bismarck makes a striking static display model on my shelf. It certainly commands attention!
                Click image for larger version Name:	Bismark_RTR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.3 KB ID:	241220

Two important notes:
                1. Once you’re powered on, the screws (propellers) will spin when you advance the throttle. This is a hazard when holding the boat, so always practice safe modeling and do not turn on the boat’s switch until you’re at the boat launch and your radio is away from anything that might move the throttle stick without your consent.
                2. Ballast is required to balance the boat to your preferred level of trim. Additional useable weight may be used in the form of a larger battery, or deadweight may be used in the form of lead ballast, ball bearings, or other dense metal weights.
                The Bismarck was a monstrous ship. But, when I see that it is 49 inches and the Fletcher is 62, I'm not sure why one wouldn't want to render the Bismarck to a larger more impressive, easier to work on and exponentially better size of something like 64 inches. If I can fit the 62 in my car, I can certainly fit the 64 and the presence would be even greater. Anyway, it looks fantastic and I'm sure these questions were raised before...Will there be a big matching Tirpitz?....

Comment

Just as we do with Aircraft, we have a few different scales for Bancroft's line of vessels. The 1:200 Bismarck is 49 inches which is perfect for a "daily driver" and "shelf display", which are the two missions we wanted to promote with this size. Later we are bringing in 1:150 scale series of warships, for those who have the extra space for transport. In the larger 1:150 scale, the Bismark is 66", The Yamato is 69", and the Missouri is 71".

We've got a Tirpitz, too. Bancroft is just starting out with this first salvo of 14 boats, but believe me, there are many, many, more to come. We're not even close to started. Different scales, different sizes, different price points. The more popular vessels will appear in different scales, which is the same reason, for example, why we've produced a 64mm F-16, a 70mm F-16, and a 90mm F-16. Different missions, but all good!

Comment

Well! There you have it! My question completely answered. Like many people in society, I suffer from "Automatic Negative Thinking" which is a really bad habit that can be broken. I jumped the gun and have not learned to remember that you hold your cards tight and don't freely give answers as to what's coming down the pipe. We are all like racehorses chomping at the bit out here waiting for the chance to see and run these productions. The show must go on and I'm blown away by what's happening at MotionRC. Unfortunately, the COVID situation is a huge concern, but the hobby lives on and Spring is near! Thanks for your time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      [FONT=Calibri]........

.......[*]Once you’re powered on, the screws (propellers) will spin when you advance the throttle. This is a hazard when holding the boat, so always practice safe modeling and do not turn on the boat’s switch until you’re at the boat launch and your radio is away from anything that might move the throttle stick without your consent.[*]Ballast is required to balance the boat to your preferred level of trim. Additional useable weight may be used in the form of a larger battery, or deadweight may be used in the form of lead ballast, ball bearings, or other dense metal weights.[/LIST]
                      Can the Bancroft radios be programmed with a throttle cut switch?

Comment

I think the 1:150 scale series in these great battleships will be fantastic, please work on it!

Comment

When will these be back in stock on your website? I’d really like to get one sometime!

Comment

Is the Fall ‘22 timeframe the one you are using for rollout of the 1:150 lineup?

Comment

Working...
                            X