Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Bancroft 645mm Jetpower Sprintboat RTR Thread

Bancroft 645mm Jetpower Sprintboat - RTR
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetpower_FastandFun.jpg Views:	1 Size:	210.6 KB ID:	243086

No prop, no problem!

Taking "shallow draft" to a whole new level, the Bancroft Jetpower Sprintboat replaces a conventional screw (propeller) with a water-jet design, allowing the boat to power through extremely shallow waters and even up onto sandy shorelines. Its standout scheme and Jetsprint racer influenced styling makes it a certain crowd favorite.

This racer is delivered as an RTR (Ready to Run), including the complete boat with all electronics pre-installed, a 2.4Ghz radio and receiver system, 3s 4000mAh battery with XT60 connector, basic battery charger, and basic display stand. Charge the battery, add your own four AA batteries into the radio, turn the radio on, plug the boat in, and toss it in the water! The Jetboat is self-righting, meaning it's impossible to capsize and sink. Race ready boating can't get any easier than this!

Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6241.JPG Views:	1 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	243087Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6254.JPG Views:	1 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	243088

On its included display stand, the Jetpower Sprintboat is the perfect desktop size. Noticeably absent is any propeller or rudder or turning fins. I really like the orange scheme, which looks fast when standing still. The boat's design draws from two inspirations: Jetsprint racing (also known as Sprint Boat racing), and offshore power boats. Sprint Boat racing is an exciting sport, somewhat akin to rally car racing. The Bancroft vessel uses a somewhat elongated hull like an offshore power boat to give it more stability and speed in a straight line. Altogether, the result is a satisfying balance between speed, maneuverability, and sharp looks. A big block engine is softly molded into the stern frame, which I plan to eventually paint and detail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6271.JPG Views:	1 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	243089Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6269.JPG Views:	1 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	243090

Compared to other Bancroft RC Boats, the Jetboat Racer uses a concealed intake to draw in water, where it is accelerated within a duct and expelled forcefully out an exhaust pipe. This functions essentially the same as an EDF jet which draws in air instead of water. A rudder is not needed, either; steering is accomplished by vectoring the thrust by means of an pivoting nozzle. I have beached this boat onto grass shoreline at full speed, then grabbed it and hurled it like a football back into the water. It is oddly fun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6305.JPG Views:	1 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	243092Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6302.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	243091

The flexible silicone tube draws water into the hull to cool the motor jacket and ESC.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_3908.JPG Views:	3 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	242462

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

To access the battery and electronics, turn the two locks mounted above the transom. Removing the external hatch cover, we find a clear secondary cover.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6322.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	243096Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6308.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	243095

This secondary cover provides additional protection against water ingress, especially in the moments that the boat may be submerged in the water or rolling over. I like the added protection!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetpower_WaterproofCompartment.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	243097Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6312.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	243100
    The hull and deck are molded as one piece, and the nicely molded returns that border the hatch are lined with adhesive foam that compresses under pressure to enhance the watertight seal. Even if some drops of water entered the inner hull, the electronics themselves are mounted to reduce exposure.

Seen here is the 3s 4000mAh lipo battery with XT60 connector. An Admiral 3s 4000mAh would provide more "punch".

The white silicone tubes connecting the ESC and the jacket on the 2100kv brushless motor carry cool water from outside the boat, past the electronics, and then exit the boat through a concealed port. Capillary action helps drive water through the cooling jackets of these electronic systems to keep them cool during extended high throttle operation. I really appreciated having this added layer of protection. Note, a larger battery might fit, but I preferred the 4000mAh for balance and drive times. By the time the battery is expended, I'll rest the electronics for a couple minutes before putting in another battery.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_IGP6315.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.7 KB ID:	243099Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetpower_EZ_Access.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	243098
    At 645mm in length, the Bancroft Jetpower Sprintboat is one of those "Always in the trunk" kind of boats. We have a couple at the factory that we toss into the retention pond during lunch breaks. Being molded from ABS throughout, I'm not worried about its long term durability and the occasional banging against other things in my trunk. The crew could use a repaint, though.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetpower_EZTransport.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	243101

Out on the water, this Sprintboat really shines! This is the only boat I own that I can actually "hand launch"! I give it an underhand toss, as if I'm bowling. Because there aren't any exposed spinning parts, there's no danger of cutting my finger on a propeller. This makes the Jetboat probably the most "beginner friendly" boat from Bancroft, with no prop or exposed rudder to break or hurt anything.

Acceleration with the stock power system is very satisfying, and within one second there is a rooster tail emanating from the back of the boat, its hull creating a wide wake. Wider turns at full speed are completely controllable, but stick banging can result in the nose digging into the water if you're not careful. Figure Eights at mid-throttle are consistent, and the boat leans into turns and tracks well despite its flatter hull design that doesn't have the chines that, say, the Bancroft Swordfish Deep V has.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetpower_FastandFun.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.6 KB ID:	243102Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_4189-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	243103

Just like the full size "Jetsprint" class, I imagine this Bancroft 645mm Jetpower Sprintboat excelling on a timed race course, with floating race gates at different positions. Racing two boats head to head would be very fun, too! For anyone not familiar with the sport of Sprint Boat Racing, here's a peak:

For anyone looking to get into RC Boating with a hobby-grade boat that is well constructed of higher quality materials, features hobby-grade components and design elements such as onboard cooling, and is supported by a range of spare parts and continuing support, the Bancroft 645mm Jetpower Sprintboat ranks as a high value worth your consideration.

Comment

Reserved for video

Comment

Now this looks fun.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Whoa this looks fast and a ton fun.

Comment

This will be the first one I get. We are a boating family and our boat is a twin engine jet drive. My son has become obsessed with jet boats since we got it. He has a RC jet boat now that his skill level has surpassed as it is pretty slow and easy. This will be the perfect upgrade for him!!!

Comment

This would likely be the boat of choice for me as well.

I already have some 3S 5000mah LiPo's from some of my RC cars. Will this generally fit in this boat, Alpha?

Comment

Sprint boat racing is really cool. I hate to ding your model right off the bat but the pilots and engine look really out of scale. Sprint boats are really small boats.

Sept 17, 2011 USSBA sprint boat racing finals held at Extreme Sports Park, Port Angeles, WA. This was the first event held at this brand new track. The racin...

Click image for larger version

Name:	BuyTheBoat.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	243396

Comment

So far this one interests me the most, but all of them do

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Name:	BuyTheBoat.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	243396
                    Okay, that really made me Laugh Out Loud. Well done, lol!

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Comment

That DID make me chuckle, Beeg, thanks for the laugh!

Yes indeed, as I wrote in my review, the Jetpower's design is a blend, inspired by both Sprintboats and offshore power boats.

Sprintboat inspiration: Side by side configuration, open cockpit, exposed engine, waterjet propulsion
                        Offshore powerboat inspiration: Longer hull for speed in a straight line, much better stability at this scale than a short coupled SB, hull cross-section, chine shape and position

I'm going to save that meme and use it at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          That DID make me chuckle, Beeg, thanks for the laugh!

Yes indeed, as I wrote in my review, the Jetpower's design is a blend, inspired by both Sprintboats and offshore power boats.

Sprintboat inspiration: Side by side configuration, open cockpit, exposed engine, waterjet propulsion
                          Offshore powerboat inspiration: Longer hull for speed in a straight line, much better stability at this scale than a short coupled SB, hull cross-section, chine shape and position

I'm going to save that meme and use it at will.
                          LOL! Go for it! I have another one about grass runways,,

I guess I missed the part about splitting the difference between the two types.

Comment

I was looking at other RTR Sprint(Jet) boats and it appears ProBoat is the only other one making them in two sizes. The little 9" job has the right look but is pretty small. Their "River Jet" boat has a decent look but not the squatty little "muscle" boat look.

This little one has a nice proportional look to it.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1899
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	243588

Name:	image-a929902f.jpg
Views:	1841
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	243589

Comment

Jet boats are a lot of fun. Had quite a few, jet sprints, jet jam, river jet. Have to be careful with the jet as it can be damaged very easily.

Comment

I definitely plan on adding this boat to my growing fleet by late spring!!!

Comment

Just got this in today. Charged the battery up, went to a pond and put in the water. First of all, when going full speed it barely turns and if it does it does 1 or 2 full 360° spins super fast. Secondly there is no way to trim it out, it hops around way too much before even reaching full speed. Its super powerful, and when it doesnt hop for one second it takes off like a rocket. Which is cool and all but than when you make the turn it immediately spins out. Third off, alot water makes its way in, it says its waterproof... lol. Youll run it for 5 minutes and have it half full of water. Maybe someone could recommend a fix for all of these things? Im new to RC Jetboating. Thanks all

Comment

This looks like an amazing boat! I've been thinking about buying this as an upgrade from my Pro Boat Sprintjet 9", but I have a few questions for those who already have it. Does the boat porpoise at high speeds? I also have a variety of 3s and 4s batteries for Rc aircraft with EC3 and IC3 connection types, assuming I have the right battery connection adaptors to plug them in, can this boat handle a 4s battery? Also, what is the run time for this boat with the battery that comes with it? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                    X