X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Hydroplanes.

When I was a youngman watching the classic V-12 powered hydroplanes at Seafair on Lake Washington was an annual highlight. The earlier boats, Miss Hawaii-Kai, Miss Thriftway, Miss Bardahl, Pay-N-Pak, etc. were all very cool boats as well. I think these would be great additions to the "speed" lineup, Of course the modern turbine pickle-fork hydros are a cool. I just love the classics.

I'd like to add my voice to those who would love to see one or more vintage hydros. I've owned a 1/10 scale scale hydro that was retired from a race series in Puget Sound and it would was challenging to run quickly and also produced a great noise running on the prop on sponsons only. I've attached a sister ship to my own Ms. Hallmark Homes. Just gorgeous.

Click image for larger version

Name:	d35ac1bf91c240a150f32a5441229aaf.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	247420
    Attached Files

Comment

I have never owned a vintage style hydroplane, although I've had 90s on more recent. I've always wanted a Timossi-Ferrari Arno XI.

Yours is a Lauterbach or similar, basically mod Unlimited, if I'm not mistaken? I admittedly don't know much about vintage hydroplanes, except I'm amazed those machines can remain afloat with the weight of the pilot's... uh... tungsten toolkit.

Edit: Here is the Arno XI for those not aware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arno XI.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	247425

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

This website has some of the best photo's of vintage hydro's.
        The famous, in So Cal and Arizona in the late 1970s and early 80s, "Ups and Downs" poster. I still have an original in the wall of my garage. Been...

Comment

I grew up just 10 miles from Lake Washington and the sounds of those old vintage piston hydros roaring across the lake during SeaFair still resonates with me today as if it was yesterday. Although I grew up in the pickle fork and turbine era, I love those classic piston boats as well. Man, those final heats with Circus Circus, Pay N' Pak, Atlas Van Lines, Budweiser, Squire Shop and others...What a thrill!!

Here's some shots of classic boats in recent years brought out at SeaFair...

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0187.JPG Views:	0 Size:	14.1 KB ID:	270353Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0146.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	270354 small pic is the real one and the model is the bigger pic

Comment

Nice Ron1950 ...What size?
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

its 1/10 th scale great running boat love to see it up on all three points blasting rooster tail but rules say it can only have a one inch turn fin so got to take the corners easy lol i have several more but sell one every now and then Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0315.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	270521

Comment

heres a few more that i sold a few years ago Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.JPG
Views:	678
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	270526Click image for larger version

Name:	bud 44.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	270525

Comment

Nice boats! All gas? Any electrics? Would love a 1/10 electric to toss around my ponds by my house.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

They look like nitro boats. Gas boats are usually 1/4 scale or larger...

Comment

they are all electric boats

Comment

Working...
                        X