X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian wish boats

How about a couple of these TV civilian ships; S.S. Minnow, The Orca from Jaws or the crab boat Northwestern.

Any cargo or cargo liners such as Cap San Diego coming? One of the guys in our local club has one & it is sweet!

A large scale Victory ship or redo of Sterling's ancient C-2 American Scout would be most welcome, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CSD.png Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	243515Click image for larger version  Name:	C-2.png Views:	0 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	243516

Comment

I've always loved the classic liners & felt there'd be a market for something other than Titanic, especially those who held the Blue Riband such as Queen Mary, Normandie or United States. Make them in a a more manageable scale of 1/150 or 1/200 to make it easier for display & transport.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QueenMary.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	243518

Name:	Normandie.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	243519

Name:	ss-united-states.gif
Views:	519
Size:	458.8 KB
ID:	243520

Comment

Keep the ideas coming, guys, these are all good suggestions!

The Orca from Jaws looks slick, I can imagine an RC shark to hunt it. How fun would that be?

I'd like to see an Olympic (sister ship to the Titanic), wearing the dazzle colors on the night she rammed a German U-boat in 1918. That was revenge for the iceberg that sunk her sister. As a troopship during the war, the HMT Olympic would transport over 200,000 troops!

Name:	Olympic_pictures_(HS85-10-35058A).jpg
Views:	550
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	243526

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey Alpha,
          I love war ships and the like and have a few Graupner offerings but I'd like to have a big container ship to go with my fleet.
          I'm thinking the Madrid Maersk might fit the bill.

Name:	madrid-maersk 3.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	243568
          Attached Files
          Best regards,
          Cris B.
          AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
            How about a couple of these TV civilian ships; S.S. Minnow, The Orca from Jaws or the crab boat Northwestern.
            Alright.. I'll second it. Growing up, planted by parental figures in front of the tv, in the late 60's- early 70's, I would love to see a S.S. Minnow version (minus the hole in the hull). With my rc skills, I'm sure to be able to find, and get it stranded, on Gilligan's Island!
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Hemingway's PILAR
              ... I might have a little info...

Comment

You can't forget the real work boats as in tugs. Gotta have us some tugs.

Name:	91782313_2593972864179590_8310993255151960064_o.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	245979

Comment

There's one that should be available from the same source- the DPC tug of the WW2 era. As seen at an IMEX display in 2007, and the version offered by Revell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2045.thumb.jpg.b630942e323e1db22b16e6e33b534d13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.1 KB ID:	245984
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	aImg_5971.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.2 KB ID:	245985
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	aImg_5991.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	245986

Comment

I agree, a good tug or two or three is in order. The work these boats and their crews do is immeasurable and irreplaceable!
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

May be a bit of a niche but I'd love to see a river tow from an earlier era to push along a few barges. They'd certainly be an ideal candidate for either electric or steam power.

John Fryant's Chicot along with his many other sternwheelers he has built over the years are works of art.

Click image for larger version  Name:	jf-barbara-h.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	246343Click image for larger version  Name:	Major(20000112)MHaury_major.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	246344Click image for larger version  Name:	chicot2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.9 KB ID:	246345

Comment

Working...
                      X