Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale RMS Titanic Liner - Ready-To-Run (RTR)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale RMS Titanic Liner - Ready-To-Run (RTR)

Bancroft RMS Titanic 1/200 Scale (53.5") British Liner - RTR

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0123 (2).jpg Views:	1174 Size:	232.7 KB ID:	256251

Rewriting History​

The RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner operated by the White Star Line that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning hours of 15 April 1912, after striking an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. Of the estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, more than 1,500 died, making the sinking one of modern history's deadliest peacetime commercial marine disasters. Built in Belfast, the Titanic was the largest ship afloat at the time she entered service and was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners.

Bancroft’s Elite Series of liners presents the 1/200 scale Titanic! Display this museum piece on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC historic piece. Hundreds of parts are already assembled, painted, and installed for you. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the vessel can be sailing within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter, 2s Li-Ion battery, and charger. Only four AA batteries and minimal assembly is required. Embark on your first voyage in minutes!

Positionable Fixtures

Positionable davit cranes and lifeboats lend a sense of scale to this large RC vessel. 1/200 scale passengers would be tiny!
    Genuine Wood Decking

The Titanic's various decks are covered by large laser-cut and laser-etched genuine wood decking, treated in a natural water-stabilized finish. Every visible deck, in six total external layers, is covered in wood.
    Removeable Superstructure

The primary superstructure is molded around one central base that can be removed with two hands. Simply lift the superstructure vertically to access the interior electronics bay to plug in the main battery and turn the system on.
    Extensive Rigging

The Titanic boasts an extensive array of rigging that adds an exquisite level of scale realism to this functional museum piece.

Even the smokestacks are molded with an uneven finish to simulate the full size vessel's riveted plate construction!
    History In Miniature

This 1/200 scale representation of the Titanic is in part faithfully represented by all the countless fine details that would have been found on the deck as she sailed to her fate.
    Multi-Material

The Titanic boasts a multitude of materials from wood to fiberglass to metal. Brass, steel, aluminum, composite, and 3D printed parts form a concert of detail and realism.
    Easy To Sail

The Bancroft 1/200 scale Titanic is as impressive in scale and scope as it is easy to operate on smooth waters.

This is the kind of model that could really be taken to the next level with a DIY LED set or a smoke system.
    King Of The World!

You can almost visualize Jack and Rose on the bow as imminent destiny awaits them.

Notice the brass photo-etched (PE) railings that are so abundant throughout the vessel. Even the various capstans are represented in a mixture of printed and molded parts.
    Durable Detailed Hull

The Titanic's one piece hull is professionally molded from durable composite materials with marine-grade adhesives and durable reinforcements.
    Brass Photo Etched Details

The Bancroft 1/200 scale Titanic astounds with over one hundred elements painstakingly assembled from brass Photo Etched (PE) details.
    Concealed Hatches

Quickly access the internal battery bay and the steering servo by use of concealed, water-resistant hatches.
    Highly Realistic

Whether on static display or being operated in calm fresh waters, the 1/200 scale Titanic is an incredibly realistic model sure to impress.
    Stunning Display

The Bancroft Titanic could just as easily be displayed in a prestigious museum as it could be found sailing in your local RC marina. Modelers may also customize this large vessel with smoke and lighting effects.
    FEATURES:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio, receiver, battery, and charger
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics Pre-Installed
    • Fully Painted and Detailed
    • Zero assembly required --Get underway in minutes!
    • Durable fiberglass one-piece molded hull and deck
    • Genuine wood decking, laser-cut and laser-etched
    • Hundreds of brass photo-etched (PE) parts and high detail parts
    • Extensively detailed and hand finished
    • Hyperscale detail comprising over 100 hours of hand craftsmanship
    • Three motors with steel drive shafts
    • Quick-Detach Superstructure for easy access to the ship's interior
    • Pre-Installed Rigging with easy-disconnect design
    • Rated for calm ponds, pools, and lakes appropriate for RC Boats
    INCLUDES:
    • Bancroft Titanic 1/200 Scale (53.5") British Liner - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio and Receiver, pre-installed
    • Triple motor drive system, pre-installed, with XT60 battery connector
    • Three screws (propellers)
    • Waterproofed hull and drive shafts
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • 2s 7.4V 2800mAh Battery with XT60 connector
    • 2s Battery Charger
    • Basic Tabletop Display Stand
    REQUIRES:
    • Four (4) AA-sized 1.5V dry cell batteries, Alkaline or NiMH
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190816_125607_2020-04-10_12_28_02 (2).jpg Views:	164 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	247895

This liner is quite an impressive machine. Gorgeous and stately, it's right at home in a [large] display shelf area, or cruising in the water. It can still be lifted and moved by one person, although using two people is recommended because the lookout masts and rigging can snag easily. Single large piece molded hull imparts strength, while the decks are highly detailed, down to genuine wood decking and even dents in the smokestacks replicating the uneven metal plates of the real thing.

As an RTR, the entire model arrives completely painted and detailed, and can be sailing in the water within a few minutes of being hoisted out of its large box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190816_092700 - Copy.jpg Views:	123 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	247896Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190816_092751.jpg Views:	126 Size:	161.6 KB ID:	247898
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190816_092747.jpg Views:	126 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	247897Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190816_092757.jpg Views:	125 Size:	136.0 KB ID:	247899
    Last edited by Marco Polo; Jun 1, 2021, 10:13 AM.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved for video

Comment

Any thoughts towards a major tweak such as RMS/HMT Olympic? 😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	81942535_786760275156075_3286854779896070144_n.jpg
Views:	4288
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	248424

Click image for larger version

Name:	26167953_334145933750847_9129558250111378559_n.jpg
Views:	3954
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	248423

Comment

Make an optional conversion kit. But I bet 100 plain Titanics will sell for every Britannic/Olympic conversion kit.

Comment

I'd say offer as a limited run as a truly premium model. There are many of us sick of Titanic who'd buy Olympic, either in her standard or wartime livery.

Comment

Tis the anniversary & this proud owner is showing off his collection today on FB.

Impressive ain't the word!

Click image for larger version  Name:	WechatIMG41548.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	249025

Comment

Originally posted by herrmill View Post
              Tis the anniversary & this proud owner is showing off his collection today on FB. Impressive ain't the word!]
              HM, Frankly, there are no words. What a beautiful collection, Sir. Thanks for sharing with all of us at 'The Squawk'. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

This model looks absolutely fantastic, the details are perfect! It's as though somebody took the real Titanic, and zapped it with a shrink ray! When this hits the shelves, I'll be one of the first customers (I still regret not buying the Graupner version back when they were available).

Anyway, if you're taking suggestions, it would be nice to also see a plug-n-play (ARF) version at a slightly reduced cost that has the motors installed, but allows you to supply your own radio equipment.

PS- I'm a big Titanic fan and am currently scratch building this 10 foot long R/C Titanic as well (picture below), however it will be years before this gets out on the water. In the mean time, I want some instant gratification, and this 'little' Bancroft model looks like the perfect avenue for that! Lol

My 1:87 scale R/C Titanic project

Comment

Rogue Pilot Welcome home to Hobby Squawk! A ten foot Titanic is a great way to start here... Please consider creating a separate thread so we can follow along with your build. I have so many questions! Glad to see yet another builder on here.

Regarding the Olympic, I'm aware of the deck changes between her and Titanic, although candidly the cost to create paint molds for a ship this large and with the complexity of Olympic's dazzle scheme would likely sap the retool budget. If I thought I wouldn't get crucified by the scale police for putting dazzle on the Titanic and calling it a [quasi] Olympic, I'd seriously consider it...

Comment

Thanks!

So, any estimates on when this model will be available? I'm guessing the COVID-19 situation may slow things down a bit also.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue_Pilot View Post
                      Thanks!

So, any estimates on when this model will be available? I'm guessing the COVID-19 situation may slow things down a bit also.
                      RP, If I have not yet welcomed you to Hobby Squawk, welcome. I, too, am interested when this beauty will hit The States. Hit was probably a poor choice of word. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Now that’s cool I’m still thinking the Yamamoto is the one for me but I titanic would definitely be cool. I hope these become popular at the local RC club here in the villages FL they have a brand new boat club that just opened that is one Of the nicest I’ve ever seen. I’m definitely sneaking in one day

Comment

Holy crap Alpha! She's gorgeous! Please tell me there will be functioning smoke and lights? Steam engine sounds, whistles and alarm bells would be awesome too! ...Maybe I'll build a spooky RC Iceberg to chase it around! Damn, I've never been so pumped about an RC Boat before, but I'm saving my pennies to be first in line for this one!

Comment

Awesome news Alpha! She really is the queen of the Bancroft product line!
                            1). I'm gonna have to customize some N gauge train passengers, and put top hats and mink coats on them! Gotta have a Capt. Smith, Molly Brown, Thomas Andrews, and a crew member picking up dog **** after one of the Afghan hounds on board!
                            2). I'm gonna make a custom, lighted glass display case for it. (this will cost as much as the model!!)
                            3). A scale RC Iceberg, so I can chase the Titanic around...maybe Jack and Rose rode that door up, unto the iceberg and are just chillin'! maybe a Bluetooth speaker for the movie soundtrack, and a dry ice compartment to create a cloud around it too! LOL!
                            This is going to be epic! I can't wait to see all the other ideas people will have!

Comment

Wow....cannot wait to see one live.

Comment

Originally posted by wldecker View Post
                                1). I'm gonna have to customize some N gauge train passengers, and put top hats and mink coats on them! Gotta have a Capt. Smith, Molly Brown, Thomas Andrews, and a crew member picking up dog **** after one of the Afghan hounds on board!
                                2). I'm gonna make a custom, lighted glass display case for it. (this will cost as much as the model!!)
                                3). A scale RC Iceberg, so I can chase the Titanic around...maybe Jack and Rose rode that door up, unto the iceberg and are just chillin'! maybe a Bluetooth speaker for the movie soundtrack, and a dry ice compartment to create a cloud around it too! LOL!
                                This is going to be epic! I can't wait to see all the other ideas people will have!
                                LOL I can't wait to see this! You need them on the front 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by wldecker View Post
                                  Is this N gage scale? Wow 🤩 that puts it into prospective of how big it actually was in real life

Comment

Me and Mrs Boozer had a chance to go to the titanic museum in Branson Missouri truly amazing how they built the front half of the ship there. Really puts the size of the ship in prospective. Thay have an absolutely stunning model in the museum

Comment

This ship is EPIC!

Comment

I can't imagine how spectacular this version of the Titanic will look with interior lighting and smoke units for the four stacks.
                                        Another classic liner that may have relatively broad appeal is the S.S. United States. See attached pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	44_SSUS+copy.png
Views:	2743
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	254300

Comment

Working...
                                        X