Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Bancroft Mad Flow V3 Brushless 589mm F1 Tunnel Hull RTR Thread

Hello again,

A few weeks ago I received a Bancroft Mad Flow and have been waiting for the moment to get it in the water. Today was the day. At first glance in photos, I can say the color scheme did not look all that impressive to me. In person however, was a different story. Super high gloss finish and crisp graphic's, out of the box in person was impressive! It was packed simply in a white box and protected good. Includes a stand that is very stable and holds the power boat well.
    Attached Files

Canopy laches down nicely and proved to be very water resistant in todays running.
    Attached Files

Comment

Simple and well laid out mechanics. All of them easy to get to.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is one thing I want to point out. It is the open chamber on the left side, that should the boat roll over, it floods leaving the boat to right itself. As you can see in the photo, it is completely open at the left rear. There is also a small round hole located at the front, on top of the same chamber. And a second hole located above the main opening at the rear. This allows it to flood if the boat capsizes and will slowly roll it back over. Once righted, applying the throttle will cause the remaining water to exit out the back through the large main opening. Great idea right! Well for me kind of. You see, as soon as you slow down or come to a stop. The chamber floods and the boat sinks on the left side into the water. Of course as soon as you hit the throttle, the chamber clears itself and the boat sits perfectly level again. This does hinder slower speed cruising and maneuvering. A slow right turn causes it to dip hard left. That is why I did not opt to take a photo of it sitting in the water half sunk! HAHA. Also means there is no REVERSE in the ESC!
        Attached Files

Comment

One thing I love is the full size pistol grip radio that is included. Some of the other boats include one that is more intended for children. I was going to say "kids" but I still fall under that category!
          Attached Files

Comment

Ran 3 different batteries today. The stock 2200, the Admiral 2200 and an Admiral 2600. All of them 3s. The 2600 is the largest this boat will take. Runtime was excellent. About 5 min.
            Attached Files

Comment

I shot 2 short videos of it on the water today. Fast and stable. Looks fantastic! I myself would prefer to not have the open chamber to right the boat incase of a flip over. But again I am planning to build a boat recovery unit. I might seal it off in the future, will see. Other then that, I have nothing negative to really report. It is a fun speed boat, that runs and feels of good quality.

Here are the links to the video clips:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Regards,

Derek

Comment

Working...
              X