You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparison review of the Bancroft 1/200-scale Yamato and the 1/144-scale one from RC Scale Model Store

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison review of the Bancroft 1/200-scale Yamato and the 1/144-scale one from RC Scale Model Store

Dear Friends, is anyone aware of a side-by-side comparison having been done between the two Yamato models from the above listed manufacturers? You see, to me, the most striking comparison, other than the Yamato from the RC Scale Model Store being 13 inches longer, is the price. Specifically, the Bancroft Yamato retails for $1,159.00, while the former retails for $6,955.00, six times the price of the Bancroft Yamato. I'm curious if the RC Scale Model Store Yamato is really worth six times the price of the Bancroft model in fidelity to scale, overall quality of construction and finish, materials, RC equipment and, especially their operating characteristics. Thanks in advance for any info comparing these two Yamatos. Cheers, Kevin

I haven't purchased anything from The Scale Modeler but I admit to drooling over their Spruance. Though I am a bit puzzled about them calling a DD a DDG.. Anyone else here get anything from them?

Comment

Working...
    X