Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Heng Long Tornado Deep V Racing Boat Discussion Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	heng-long-tornado-470mm-18-3-brushless-deep-v-racing-boat-rtr-motion-rc-34730642636985.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	381347

Now available from Motion RC is Heng Long’s new Tornado Deep V RTR! Powered by an efficient, water-cooled 2500kV brushless motor and fueled by an included 11.1V 3S 1600mAh battery, the Tornado is capable of speeds approaching 40MPH.

Thrilling to drive, Tornado delivers the speed, control, and style needed to fly over the water like a full-size Deep Vee racing hull in a convenient, Ready To Run (RTR) package. Open the box, charge the included battery with the provided charger, your own AA batteries into the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter, and toss the boat into the water! All of the electronics are pre-installed, and the boat's running gear is setup for balanced speed and maneuverability out of the box without any additional adjustment. The twin-deck design delivers outstanding moisture protection for the motor and electronics, while the unique transmitter-controlled LED lighting system offers improved visibility when running at dusk or beyond. In addition, the Tornado features a self-righting function when rough water or aggressive driving results in a capsized model. Stir up a storm with the Heng Long Tornado Deep V!
    Conveniently Sized

The Tornado is compact enough to operate successfully in large pools or small ponds, yet large enough to provide thrilling RC boat performance!
    Easy Access to Electronics

The generous equipment bay allows convenient access for battery installation or equipment maintenance.
    Efficient and Powerful Drive System

The Tornado offers a solid-driveshaft system that efficiently transfers power from the brushless motor to the propeller, while the transom-mounted trim tabs allow for fine-tuning for peak performance.
    Unique LED Lighting System

Rarely seen in models of this type, the Tornado includes a transmitter-controlled LED lighting system for additional visibility during dusk or dark.
    Bow Protection Bumper

The included (optional) front bow bumper allows the Tornado to run in pools without worry of liner damage from the pointed bow.
    Exhilarating Performance

You’ll experience speeds approaching 40MPH with the powerful, yet budget-friendly Tornado Deep-V RTR.
    Features:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4GHz radio, receiver, ESC, battery, and charger
    • All Electronics are pre-installed
    • Includes optional bow bumper to protect from impact damage
    • Fully Assembled, painted, and decorated
    • Zero assembly required—get underway in minutes!
    • Rated for large pools, ponds, or calm lakes appropriate for RC Boating
    Includes:
    • Heng Long Tornado 470mm (18.3") Brushless Deep V Racing Boat - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio, Receiver, and Water-Cooled ESC, (factory-installed)
    • Brushless, water-cooled motor drive system with XT60 battery connector
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • 3S 11.1V 1600mAH LiPo Battery
    • USB Battery Charger
    • Boat stand, spare propeller, prop wrench, and sticker sheet
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL : 14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
    BUILD TIME : 15 Minutes
    Scale N/A
    Length
    • Overall: 470mm / 18.3in
    • Hull only: 432mm / 16.9in
    Width 120mm / 4.7in
    Height 94mm / 3.7in
    Hull Material Injection-molded ABS
    Battery 3S 11.1V 1600mAH LiPo battery
    Battery Quantity 1
    Battery Connector XT60
    Motor Brushless, water-cooled
    Motor Quantity 1
    Propeller Material Nylon Composite
    Contra-Rotating Propeller No
    ESC Brushless, water-cooled
    ESC Waterproof Yes
    ESC Quantity 1
    Radio Pistol grip 2 channel
    Receiver Channels 2

I bought one of these, and really enjoy the speed and performance. What I don't like is that the propeller tends to break at full throttle on a 3s while it skips across the surface of the water. So, I went looking for a new propeller for it, and it turns out, it doesn't use what I "think" is the "standard" configuration of a drive dog / paddle fork with prongs on it. Instead, the inside of the propeller is more a rectangle shape with a single pair of rounded ends making it look like an oval with flat sides. Finding a replacement prop and drive dog has been difficult, and since I'm now on my last of the 3 included nylon propellers. I've gone down the rabbit hole now, trying to find a new drive dog, and matching aluminum propeller that will last more than half a dozen runs which is about my mileage on this thing. All this to say, does anyone know the diameter/pitch of the factory prop, and the diameter of the drive shaft?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychron View Post
      I bought one of these, and really enjoy the speed and performance. What I don't like is that the propeller tends to break at full throttle on a 3s while it skips across the surface of the water. So, I went looking for a new propeller for it, and it turns out, it doesn't use what I "think" is the "standard" configuration of a drive dog / paddle fork with prongs on it. Instead, the inside of the propeller is more a rectangle shape with a single pair of rounded ends making it look like an oval with flat sides. Finding a replacement prop and drive dog has been difficult, and since I'm now on my last of the 3 included nylon propellers. I've gone down the rabbit hole now, trying to find a new drive dog, and matching aluminum propeller that will last more than half a dozen runs which is about my mileage on this thing. All this to say, does anyone know the diameter/pitch of the factory prop, and the diameter of the drive shaft?

Thanks in advance.
      Psychron i read you post just, im about to receive this same boat and now already investigating / looking for a new prop solution. Did you manage after all to find a new prop?

Comment

Working...
      X