X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on Your Job Site?

Post photos of your RC Construction vehicles, customizations, work sites, and your wishlists!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved

Comment

Really glad to see the construction section added on the forum, and soon in the store. It is a fun alternative to flying things and great for inside play with the kids when it is too hot or too cold to go outside here is a pic of my fleet in a not so interesting setting. I have 3 huina models as well as a little bruder bulldozer that is a self made rc version with differential steering like the excavator or a tank. That took quite a bit of head scratching and mixing to get it to work :) Makes you really appreciate the RTR models for sure. Now i really need to get the Cement mixer to round out the collection, that and continue to hope that Huina is working on a bulldozer to go along with all of their other great models!

Comment

I currently have the excavator the wheel loader and the dump truck. I’m disappointed in the dump truck because without suspension and low ground clearance and with the hard tires it gets no traction even with a load. So dirt roads are a no go if there is even a slight incline. Really bummed about that. But the excavator is awesome and even for the more expensive of the items it is definitely worth the money! The wheel loader is in between. Still a good value for the money but it could use more torque to the wheels. The plus is it’s all wheel drive. And you can work on it and fix broken wiring (that sometimes happens) or replace parts, so thanks for that! A little slow on articulation even for its scale so you have to slow down a bit but it’s still great fun. You can’t go wrong with either the loader or the excavator. I would suggest both!

Comment

OK now for the wish list.
          1.off-road dump truck like an 8x8 or Volvo articulating dump truck.
          2. Track - blade dozer to ease making dirt roads. My tamiya semi needs a well graded dirt road! If it had a ripper that would be a nice bonus.
          3. 1/14 scale fork lift to load my 1/14 scale tamiya semi. The 1/10 doesn’t cut it. Even a front loader with a fork attachment would be nice!
          4. More trailer options for the tamiya trucks like low boys for hauling our equipment around, It would even look cool hauling my tank around even though it is a slight scale difference it would look really cool, and even a dump trailer would be really awesome!

Comment

Baysim80 I agree, a 1/14 scale fork lift would be neat!

Do you own any of the Tamiya 1/14 scale trailer options that are available now? I'm surprised there aren't more lowboy configurations. They're not especially difficult for a model manufacturer to mass-produce. 'Just need a flat bed and lots of wheels. Perhaps it has something to do with as you said, needing a well graded road to run smoothly.

Comment

I just want a bulldozer at a sub 1k price point! A 500 to 600 version that could actually push some stuff would sell like crazy I think!

Comment

Alpha I do own the box trailer because a nice long box trailer gives best road appearance for tractor trailer in my book. Plus the flat bed was sold out and it’s a bit shorter. Waiting for MRC to get another shipment of those flatbeds in so I can add it to my collection. Then I would really be itching for that 1/14 scale forklift!

Comment

Alpha Carson R/C has some great items that would be great for MRC to make available to us in the U.S. including a 1/14 scale forklift! Even 1/14 scale tipper trailers for our 1/14 scale semi’s.
                  Just got my Bruder 1/16 scale figure in and even though slightly off scale he looks great with this construction equipment!

Comment

New addition to the job site!
                    Komatsu WA470. The bucket on this thing is so large it fills my MB dump truck with only 2 full scoops!! It’s huge with very smooth operation. And it can even fill the dump truck from a lower elevation unlike the Huina that needs elevation above the truck to dump it’s full scoop. Total weight without battery is 44 pounds. It’s a beast!

Comment

Construction fleet is growing!!!
                      Here is my latest addition to my gardening tools. That’s what I keep telling my wife anyway. 4200xl: This thing is huge and powerful. I will get some dog photos soon. These are straight out of the box pics and some minor assembly was required. I have been having so much fun with it I forgot to get more pics. The power is incredible and it digs very well in hard pack soil and rocky soil. Great addition to the fleet.

dig on!
                      I mean I need to go outside and do some gardening!

Comment

Good evening! I am from Brazil. I am starting the hobby of RC Construction. Follow my channel:
                        Apresentação de vídeos sobre veículos de construção rádio controlados. Presentation of videos on radio controlled construction vehicles.

Comment

R/C construction vehicles at work. The fleet has grown! I have been grading in proper drainage away from my house that was built in the early 80’s instead of it draining toward my house. This is the most fun I have had doing needed landscaping. This equipment is very capable and can even loosen hard pack soil.
                          I’ve never had so much fun moving dirt! This is a side of the RC hobby that I never expected to have such an incredible pull on my interest. I really cannot get enough of it. So when I tell my wife I’m going outside to work and I’m gone for hours! This is the work I’m usually doing. It gets done, just at 1/14 scale!

Comment

I think I’m going to have to seek therapy for my addiction to this side of the hobby.
                            I have yet another addition to the fleet. Not Talking about the HG P802 8x8 I use as my heavy hauler (that’s new too) but the Volvo A60H articulating dump truck!!! Wow what a blast this hobby is! I love it when the fleet grows. Oh yea I almost forgot. I got the Huina T-crane too! That’s pretty cool and fun to unload the truck with. I think I’m going to need a bigger construction site!

Comment

Originally posted by Baysim80 View Post
                              I think I’m going to have to seek therapy for my addiction to this side of the hobby.
                              I have yet another addition to the fleet. Not Talking about the HG P802 8x8 I use as my heavy hauler (that’s new too) but the Volvo A60H articulating dump truck!!! Wow what a blast this hobby is! I love it when the fleet grows. Oh yea I almost forgot. I got the Huina T-crane too! That’s pretty cool and fun to unload the truck with. I think I’m going to need a bigger construction site!
                              Love this! Looks like a blast. I can't wait to get more of the Huina stuff!

Comment

Alpha have you seen the new Huina kabolite 970 1/14 hydraulic excavator? MRC carries Huina! Might we be seeing something like this soon? It Would be a great addition to the fleet.

Comment

The construction site gear on here inspiring, I have to have some kit, this is going to get expensive isn’t it 😁

Comment

2018 was the last time i took a Group Photo...

Comment

Working...
                                    X