X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torro RC Military Ground Vehicles

Has anyone had any experience with Torro RC? Looks like they have some pretty neat vehicles: https://www.torro-shop.de/RC-Vehicles_1. Would love to have the M16 Halftrack or a Schwimmwagen. Looks like they don't have a US distributor though, maybe a good opportunity for Motion to pick up..

Being a VW fan, I love the Schwimmwagen! Couldn’t find any vids of it in water but I bet it’s fun :)....

BMK

Comment

I'd love a Schwimmwagen, too, but would want it in larger scale - Torro's 1/16 release is far too small for practical use. 1/10 or even 1/6 would be perfect given its small size. I just posted these on the RC Warship section since it was also mentioned there earlier today. Photos are from the book Professor Porsche's Wars - highly recommend for those interested in his work that spanned both World Wars. Damn shame the Brits scrapped the tooling after the war.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-boats/rc-military-and-warships/243341-warship-requests/page2#post244608

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.53.25 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	908.1 KB ID:	244682
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.55.18 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	635.2 KB ID:	244681
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.54.58 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	539.9 KB ID:	244680

Comment

Just got this schwimmwagen and was really hesitant not knowing the brand but the concept had a tight pull on me and I couldn’t resist. Unfortunately my unboxing was less than favorable but it was all repairable, no returns necessary.
        (rear drive axle and propeller winch line problems)Once repaired I threw my 1/16 scale construction guy in and went for a ride. No water run to begin with but the land test went very well! I’m happy with it so far. It’s small and I love it’s size. Could use some metal components on key parts but it’s satisfactory. I shared a link here to my land test run and when I get it in the water I will share that also.

Comment

James you ask, you shall receive!
          Here is the schwimmwagen at the Schwimming hole.
          This thing is too much fun. I’m loving it. I’ve named the driver James hopefully you don’t mind. James was having a blast doing creek crossings today.

Comment

So since I have a bunch of the Torro vehicles here is a rundown:

M16 Half-track...decent. Electronics have been known to crap out. Mine won't run off the AA batteries even after re-soldering the connections in the battery tray. Only runs off the NiCd that fits in the compartment. Good mobility. Sold out and no new production since like 2018. Recommended if you can find one.

M-ATV MRAP...junk. Two wheel drive, little to no suspension. Poor mobility. Won't even run on hard packed dirt well. Not recommended.

Maxxpro MRAP...junk. See above and mine died in 2 minutes of running on hardwood floor. Not recommended.

Ford GPA...good. Four wheel drive and runs very well. Recommended.

Swimwagon...don't have one so I can't say good or bad.

Comment

Working...
            X