X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR620 in an eletric truck with a speed control

Hi, I'm currently running my boat with the Spektrum DX5e with an AR600 receiver. I want to run something similar in my r/c truck but with the AR620. Has anyone else done this? I'm a quadriplegic so I have to use a stick radio.

quaddriver welcome to squawk. To answer your question yes you definitely can run a truck on one. I also run my boats with them I can’t stand the race wheel controllers unless I must use them. I bought a $600 IX12 I want to use it for everything lol. You will just need to be careful on a car because middle stick on throttle is off so if you plug in and have it all the way down the truck runs off in reverse lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
      quaddriver welcome to squawk. To answer your question yes you definitely can run a truck on one. I also run my boats with them I can’t stand the race wheel controllers unless I must use them. I bought a $600 IX12 I want to use it for everything lol. You will just need to be careful on a car because middle stick on throttle is off so if you plug in and have it all the way down the truck runs off in reverse lol.
      Thanks for the welcome! Do you power your receiver with the ESC? If so do you put it it in #1?

Comment

So the question is dose your esc have a built in UBEC if so it will provide power from the throttle port. If not you will ether need to power with onboard battery or an external UBEC. With out looking at what you have it’s kinda a shot in the dark for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
          So the question is dose your esc have a built in UBEC if so it will provide power from the throttle port. If not you will ether need to power with onboard battery or an external UBEC. With out looking at what you have it’s kinda a shot in the dark for me.
          Yes my ESC has a BEC. I'm running my boat with an Axial Waterproof ESC w/Reverse. That has the AR600 in it. I'm trying to put the AR620 in it to make sure my radio Spektrum DX5e will work with it.

Comment

Working...
          X