Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beetlemankurt what are the gray colors you used on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Baysim80 View Post
      Beetlemankurt what are the gray colors you used on this?
      Hey Baysim, the colours are Tamiya TS-38 Gun Metal on the grille and TS-81 Royal Light Gray on the shipping container. Hope this helps.

Cheers
      Kurt

Comment

As updated in another forum recently, my Scania has continued to have accessories added as time has gone on. Most recently, it has had Aluminium rear wheels added and a Verkerk Modelbouw facelift M100 kit to turn it into a late model Scania. Here’s a pic.

The accessories for these are certainly addictive! I have some air horns coming along with an oil hose holder (for behind the cab), some flares for the front guards, some wind deflectors for the cab side windows, a new cab sun visor with LED lighting, some aero kit extensions, some orange LED lights for the skirts along the side of the truck and some checkerplate for behind the cab as well......I think that’s about it...whew! Just waiting on the postie as the international delivery times are about double what they used to be to NZ these days.

Also, I’ve added some weathering to the 40 foot container trailer as I decided it was too new and shiny looking. The effect doesn’t really show well in photos but adds some more realism to it. I usually airbrush this sort of thing but this time around used a couple of Tamiya weathering master kits recommended by a fellow modeller in NZ. Very fun to use and easy to get good results as the pigment is suspended in some waxy substance which means it stays put reasonably well until you seal it with a light coating on clear. Until you do this, you can remove it by simply wiping it off with your fringe of a wet cotton bud/q-tip.

Have a good weekend everyone

Cheers
        Kurt

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E13ADD9-5A8D-488B-87EA-DF493216F447.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	294563

Name:	67EF28DE-F117-4713-8BD7-B9CF218F3028.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	294564

Name:	388C9607-57FA-4FF9-BE08-2E0326BCA3ED.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	294565

Name:	D0534544-7BCA-4563-ACC2-667921DF2D71.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	294566

Comment

Beetlemankurt that’s looking very nice. The weathering came out superb on that container. Now I do notice that the aluminum wheels look more realistic to what you see on most rigs out there. Are you happy with the look of the real aluminum vs the chrome plated?

Comment

Baysim80, Cheers!

Yes I really like the look of the alloy wheels too. In fact, I ended up spraying Tamiya semi gloss clear on the Chrome trailer kit wheels afterwards to dull the shine down a bit on to better match the new alloy rims on the tractor unit. Well worth the upgrade I reckon and not too pricey. In fact, they were so reasonable that I made the mistake of ordering ‘4 sets’ which turned out to be enough for the rear dual wheels four whole trucks, not four dual wheels which I originally thought! I sold them on locally which then helped fund the other upgrades mentioned above.....phew 😂. We live and learn.

Happy Trucking!

Kurt

Comment

Here’s a pic of the two side by side. The alloy ones were listed as Yeah racing brand and appear to be the same as Lesu brand.

Name:	9C482DD0-C19C-4678-BA5F-B8C9B4234678.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	294571

Comment

Working...
              X