Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best RC Unimog for plowing

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to see which RC Unimog people would recommend to use with a snowplow? I was thinking about the Tamiya on the CC-01 chassis but wasn’t sure if the Axial SCX10 would be a better platform for a plow? I like the idea of the optional 2 speed transmission in the Axial.
    Also, any recommendation for the best, close to scale plow or is it best to build your own?
    Any input would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    John
    Essex, MA

The new one from scale art https://www.scaleart-unimog.de/en would probably be best but is very expensive.
    I have both the Tamiya and the Axial kits and while the Tamiya is more scale the Axial is larger and much more powerful. Also the optional 2-speed transmission is a nice addition.
    Steve

Comment

I’d love to get the ScaleArt one! What a masterpiece but I’d never get to enjoy it... My wife would kill me before it arrived!🤣
      Your comparison between the 2 is helpful. I love the scale likeness of the tamiya but I think the size and power(and 2 speed option) of the axial is the way to go. It’s going to be mainly for my son, who has Down Syndrome. He has the Bruder Unimog plow/spreader now that he loves and I want to get him an r/c version just like it. I want to make sure it works well so it doesn’t frustrate him by getting stuck. I think the axial is the way to go. His face is going to light up on Christmas Day!
      Thanks for your advice!
      John

Comment

Working...
      X