Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Tamiya 1/14 Scale King Hauler Tractor Truck - KIT Thread

King Hauler 1/14 Scale Tractor Truck - KIT from Tamiya - TAM56301

Version Info: This truck is a KIT. Assembly and painting is required. A plain white cab comes out of the box ready for paint. Photos show a completed and painted model. Minimum 4+ channel radio system, ESC, battery, charger and servos will need to be purchased separately.

Tamiya is world-renowned for producing industry-leading RC scale tractor trucks for generations. The Tamiya King Hauler resembles the classic conventional American tractor truck. Powered by a 540 motor and 3-speed transmission, its durable drivetrain spins both rear dually axles supported on a realistic leaf spring and shock suspension. The King Hauler's metal C-Channel ladder frame keeps the power to the pavement when hauling optional accessories. With its base-white cab and decal set, explore endless customization possibilities to build this KIT from the ground up and create your personalized dream scale hauler!

Your Tamiya truck is backed by Motion RC's world-renowned customer service and technical support. Drive on!
    540-Sized Motor and 3-Speed Transmission

The included 540-sized brushed motor is driven by the 3-speed transmission which has no problem turning the dual rear axles.
    Exceptional Scale Detail

Scale details surround this truck for exceptional realism.
    Dual Rear Axles

Each axle is supported with leaf spring and shocks.
    Choose Your Own Paint Colors

The cab comes plain white out of the box so you can choose any colors you wish to paint and finish your truck in style.
    1/14 Scale

This truck comes in an impressive 1/14 scale. Coming in at over 2 feet in length, it has an ideal on-road presence while being convenient to transport.
    Add Your Own Electronics and Drive!

Once you add your preferred electronics you're ready for those on-road adventures.
    FEATURES:
    • Exceptional scale detail and realism brings this truck to life on every level
    • Includes a powerful 540-sized brushed motor driven by a 3-speed transmission
    • Dual rear axles each supported with leaf spring and shocks
    • Cab comes out of the box white so you can paint your chosen custom scheme
    INCLUDES:
    • Tamiya King Hauler 1/14 Scale Tractor Truck - KIT
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 3+ HOURS
    Model Scale 1/14
    Length 630mm / 24.8in
    Width 186mm / 7.3in
    Height N/A
    Weight (No Battery) 3100g / 109.3oz
    Wheelbase 447mm / 17.5in
    Ground Clearance 19mm / 0.7in
    Body ABS Plastic
    Chassis Aluminum
    Drivetrain 3-Speed
    Wheel Size (Diameter x Width) 83mm x 22mm
    Wheel Hex Size N/A
    Tire Tread Onroad
    Bushing Material Metal and Plastic
    Suspension Leaf Spring
    Shock Type Friction Damper
    Transmission 3-Speed
    Gear Pitch N/A
    Internal Gear Ratio N/A
    Final Drive Ratio 1st gear 32.49:1, 2nd gear 17.76:1, 3rd gear 10.66:1
    Pinion N/A
    Spur Gear N/A
    Differential Gear
    Ball Bearings N/A
    Brakes Electronic
    Electronic Speed Control 2-3S (required)
    Motor 540-Brushed
    Battery 7.2V 1600mAh (required)
    Max Battery Dimensions (L x W x H) N/A
    Servos 2x standard size (required)
    Radio 4+ Channel (required)
    Lights No
    Sound No
    Water Resistant N/A
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Assembly Time 3+ Hours
    Recommended Environment On-road, smooth, paved surfaces

Got one and just start to work on it. As an rc pilot addicted i find this kit super easy to built and is a total blast. Waiting on few electronics , upgraded parts and the MFC box.. first truck ever and not the last one for sure ...
    another positive side of it will be the wife not yelling to you because planes take to much room .
    winner in my book .
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
      Got one and just start to work on it. As an rc pilot addicted i find this kit super easy to built and is a total blast. Waiting on few electronics , upgraded parts and the MFC box.. first truck ever and not the last one for sure ...
      another positive side of it will be the wife not yelling to you because planes take to much room .
      winner in my book .
      How did it turn out Griffon Wings ??

Comment

Ciao James , i’m almost there but trailer still in the box.
        I must say this kit blow me away . I’ll post next next week the pic of the semi when done.
        there will be 2 small dettails which i’m sure you gonna love it
        This truck make very happy 😃 highly recommend to everyone.
        Ciao to Alex too !
        ps: sorry my late response, James !

Comment

I’m late, still working on it . 90% done ...
          Attached Files

Comment

This is definitely a great winter project, specially if you are in the north west during rainy season...
            i didn’t aspect to have so much fun.
            If may i , in case you’ll do it as the first time for me , be extremely organized with all parts and screw more then ever . Did help it alote . Need a large surfice to work on it. So many positive reviews to say on this kit. Everything is there , everything. Nothing missing, yet gonna have lot of parts and screws left over .
            Warning: i did give up on my draco order ( rather spend money with Motion ) to order another semi .
            Mods can be costly, the MFC unit blow me away with sound and lights options.
            i keep this truck the simple possible just to understand how did works . Now i know better and i can’t wait to start another one .
            a special THANK YOU to Derek ( costumer service ) for suggesting this kit . Sir, you are a powerhouse of knowledge and thank you for helping with accuracy and kindness. 10 ⭐️‘S review .
            Thank you Motion for this extra’s !!!
            ps: that’s what happen meanwile waiting for a new jet .

Comment

I can’t take enough. Proud of mine first truck
              Attached Files

Comment

Griffon Wings - That looks fantastic for sure! Excellent job all around from the chains to the back end. Looks real

Comment

thank you so much James!! I know you can add so mich more on it, but again, as forst one I’m extremely happy. Hitch the trailer with motorized legs is fo much fun . I’m holding to order the next one waiting for motion to have models back in stock .
                  get one buddy, you gonna be surprised how dun can be ! Glad you like . Thank you again . Ciao to all .

Comment

I meant how FUN can be, sorry for the mistakes above. Typing at 4.30 am and in hurry didn’t help .

Comment

Thank you again ! Yes , lights are on in and out .. functional blinkers , reverse lights , sound system ect ...

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X