X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya flat bed trailer extended/custom build

I decided to get the Tamiya flat bed trailer but felt it looked to short hooked up to the Grand Hauler. So here is what I have done to add about 6 inches to it. I took the front and rear aluminum bars and added them to the sides. That way it looked stock and matched what was already being used. I got aluminum flat bar from Home Depot and filled in the addition to the rear. Cut the main frame side rails and added some larger L bar in between the cuts I made. This kept the front and rear of the main side rails stock for the predrilled holes to work. I will also add 1 inch aluminum flat bar to the bed so I will have enough of the stock wood strips to fill in what is left over. Hope the photos help to explain.
    Attached Files

More pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Painted my creation black. Helps hide the modification! LOL
      Attached Files

Comment

The stock rear end looks goofy and not really for USA trucks in my opinion so here is my attempt to improve that.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is all made out of aluminum I got at Home Depot. Drilling the holes was awful and you will need a drill press. The bumper came from ebay and the lights from https://www.truescale-rc.com/
          Attached Files

Comment

This is stock appearance. I used an air eraser on the aluminum or you could say a "micro bead blaster" to get the nice looking satin finish. Then rubbed it down with super fine steel wool.
            Attached Files

Comment

I used some of the side post from the trailer kit to dress up the forward panel on the trailer. Painted them black.
              Attached Files

Comment

Also the custom tail light build is mostly held together with epoxy.

Comment

Working...
                X