X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roc Hobby Kubelwagen 1/12 Scale 4WD Military Truck - RTR

I do believe, this is the best model, I have ever had to do a review on. When you see the photo on the cover it really brings home in the picture, of the detailed model you hope is in the box. Slide the card board cover off the foam case and the wow factor continues! The foam case offers German, SS looks, locking latches and nice texture. POP the latches and open the case. This is usually where the model inside can be disappointing. But you are met with padded, upholstered seats? Really? that cannot be appreciated in a photo or a video.

The excitement continues when you find the rear seat folds down, the rear deck lid opens to reveal storage. All four doors open! The engine cover opens up to a scale detailed engine "fan belt turns when you give it throttle". Full scale interior, with what looks to be wood, open crate floor mats. A super detailed instrument cluster, and wait! the scale ignition button presses in, to turn on the car! O.M.G! Now you're thinking, this is RC? Looks to be a scale model "only" because the mechanics are so well hidden. Underneath the car, it is fully enclosed from the elements and sight. The only visible things are the half shafts going to the gear driven reduction hubs just like the real car. The front bonnet opens to finally expose where the battery goes. Nothing short of an amazing and cleverly sorted out model! hats off to the engineers. After plugging in the battery and pushing the scale ignition switch in to turn on the car, turning the wheels also reveals the steering wheel inside the vehicle turns as well. DANG! Another super cool scale feature.

That leads to discovering the super smooth throttle progression and great steering control. The 2-speed transfer case is a must, in offroad conditions. I would say this car has "scale power" at most. It is appropriate for the model! Driving it around is a blast. First time you use the brake option, scale brake lights come on. The button on the transmitter controls the lights, They go like this with each press of the button. Headlights, high beams, emergency flashers, and last, an anti-aircraft light, then off. They even got the coloring correct for the head lights appropriate for the WWII Era.

Last but not least, is details not apparent until you take time to look. When moving forward or backward the fan belt on the motor turns. The side view mirrors are fully adjustable, fold down windshield, gas, brake and clutch pedals, shifter. Details abound!
    I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with this model.

I believe in the years to come it might even be collectable. Thank you for reading my review of the Kubel Wagen!

Here is a short video of it in action.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0QdNRtcRk
    Attached Files

Here is the link to my scale driver, amazingly detailed figure. I wish we sold them. https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Micha...id-xd80004.htm

Comment

Nice write-up on this! Got both the Willys and Kubelwagon. I really want those scale drivers

Comment

Working...
      X