X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
    I didn’t care for it either. I replaced mine with a beastX plus.

its got many setup steps all done through the sticks but works very well.

gravy
    Just ordered a beast x off my local shop.

Comment

I went with a Spektrum FC6250HX Helicopter Flybarless Control System for mine. The 6axis safe mode was a nice feature While I dail in the gyro. Has anyone upgraded the esc? I’m looking to add the Spektrum SPMXAE1080 Avian 80 Amp Brushless Smart ESC 3S-8S. The added telemetry I think will be a nice touch. After seeing so many complain about the tarot xyz I never opened the box.

Comment

Will the four blade rotor assembly ever be available?

Comment

Unfortunately it's not something that Roban makes anymore, so sourcing these four blade heads for 450 size helos has proven a challenge. Quality, Minimum Order Quantity, and compatibility is something we need to confirm before committing to adding something from a new vendor.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply alpha. The four blade would be a nice touch and a little closer to the scale look. But in the air really Dosnt matter. 😎 If it’s ever available I will jump on it fast. Until then that Huey just may need to be added to my 450 collection.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTiger View Post
              Thanks for the quick reply alpha. The four blade would be a nice touch and a little closer to the scale look. But in the air really Dosnt matter. 😎 If it’s ever available I will jump on it fast. Until then that Huey just may need to be added to my 450 collection.
              If you are looking for a 4 blade head, Hirobo has one in stock: http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...-450-heli.html. Planning on running one of these on my 450 A109.

Comment

I ordered one of these just after Christmas. Finally got around to removing the mechanics from the fuselage and set everything up with an IKON. On spool up, I was getting some horrible vibrations. and the whole helicopter was moving left with no input. I have several other align 450s that did not have this problem. From the top, it looked like a bent main shaft. The button head is vibrating about half a centimeter. I took the head assembly and checked the shaft. It looks straight. I replaced the swash and head with a different one and still get the vibration- but not as strong. I am now going to replace the shaft, gears, swash and complete head assembly. The issue is that these copters use a longer shaft than a standard trex, so I need to redo all of the links. In the process, I discovered that the rear swash servo was very loose. I'm hoping that this is what is causing the vibration. I can't believe that this was ever tested in the factory.

There are a lot of screws that are loose and nothing appears to have thread lock. Word of advice to everyone to go through everything very carefully before trying to fly. These are not assembled very carefully (or at least mine was not).

Comment

Unfortunate you had so many issues. I’ve been wondering about the stock servos myself. Not a whole lot of info on them. If anyone could chime in what MHz are you using to sent signals from the flybarless system to the servos?

Comment

keep waiting for that email notification Little Bird is back in stock........comeon Alpha..

Comment

Does anyone have the 3dpup file for this 450 little bird?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayrarebreed View Post
                        Does anyone have the 3dpup file for this 450 little bird?
                        Files were posted earlier in the thread: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...301#post218301

Comment

Good day gents, I am new to helies and thinking about picking up AH-6. I also have some questions regarding the model and availability of spare parts. Hopefully i can find my answers here.
                          At the beginning of this tread Aros posted specs indicating this heli is 6S but on Motion RC site, product description it states 4S... so, which is it and which batteries work good with it?
                          I am a bit concerned that spare parts are "out of stock"... Is this something temp or is there an issue getting parts from manufacturer?
                          Also others reporting missing parts and servos.. was this addressed?
                          Overall, i have looked at this heli and other helicopters in 450 size by RotorScale and to be honest i am not getting too many positive vibes. If i were to estimate the total cost, i think i have this somewhere in $600 to $700 range. This is to buy everything i need plus batteries to get it up in the air. The price tag is a bit steep so, i want to make sure i will not end up with a problem on my hands.

Most appreciate your input!

Comment

Sam CB Hi Sam, the RotorScale lineup has evolved since its initial release. Suffice to say, the website is always the most up to date resource for a model's price, specs, equipment, and recommended/required components.

After a long Covid-induced delay, we began restocking the RotorScale products last week, including many spare parts. If you have any hesitation, feel free to refresh the page until those spares are put back In Stock online. More than half of the AH-6's spare parts are currently in stock as I write this, with more being restocked. Please note though, these RotorScales tend to sell out quickly whenever we restock them, so as I mentioned, use the website as an up-to-the-minute guide whenever you're actually reading this.

As to your second question regarding value, I suppose it's rather subjective. There aren't any other 450 sized Scale fiberglass helicopter PNPs out on the market that only require your flight controller to get in the air, so personally I'm willing to pay a bit more for that aspect. Not to mention, I'd say our spare parts offerings are fairly comprehensive. I like tinkering with the scale bodies to make them more scale, which is something I can't do on the 3D/Sport helos I own. All of those aspects combine to something that jives for my personal target value proposition.

On the other hand, if any pilot is on the fence about what it would take to get a RotorScale 450 PNP in the air and operating to their liking, I would understand if they had pause. In fact, I wouldn't recommend these or any scale fiberglass helicopter as a first helicopter or first flight controller install project. It's not that they're difficult, per se, but more that they're very exacting. The road of "safe" is narrower.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Alpha.

What about batteries i need for this?
                              Is it 4s or 6s?
                              What size battery should i be looking at?

Comment

After my first post in June 2019 I am happy to say I finally got my little bird in today, I am looking forward to working on this. Heck it only took me 2 years to get it. Now the fun starts.

Comment

grabbed one for myself as well as soon as the "in stock" email was received.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam CB View Post
                                    Good day gents, I am new to helies and thinking about picking up AH-6. ...
                                    This is most certainly NOT a good first heli!

Firstly, flying a collective pitch (CP) heli is very difficult and takes a LOT of practice before one reaches the stage where crashing becomes rare. I would strongly recommend getting a robust (crashable) micro heli such as the XK K110 or K123 and learn to fly on that - (note that the K123 is a scale AS-350 and is my favorite micro). Also, even before flying the micros, get a flight simulator and learn to fly on that first. If you can't hover in the simulator, you won't be able to hover in real life.

Secondly: A scale heli is much more difficult to work on and repair and is much more prone to damage in a crash. One should first become familiar with setting up and working on a simple pod and boom heli where all the parts are easy to access. On a scale heli, if you crash, you must remove the mechanics from the fuselage and this is a non-trivial task.

I have been flying helis for nearly ten years now and currently own all six variations of the Rotorscale 450 helis and they each require a teardown and rebuild before they are flight ready. These are NOT plug and play and NOT for beginners.

Once again, get a flight simulator (such as RealFlight or AccuRC) and learn to fly on that. Get a good micro such as the K110 or K123 (and get a 2nd complete spare heli) and use that to learn to fly in real life. Once you have mastered simple hovering in all orientations and can maintain control at all times, then you will be safely ready to move up to a larger heli.

But before you do any of that, I strongly recommend going to the following website by John Salt - he has a LOT of experience and great advice for the newbie heli pilot.

RC Helicopter Fun

Comment

Agree 100% with ridgerunnr. Get a pod and boom and not only learn the basics of flying first but also setup and repair. No scale helicopter will fly right out of box. And the smallest of things can make a good helicopter fly like crap. With new flight controllers a bad setup will be masked by over correcting FC’s which lead you down a trail of trying to make a bunch of wrong fixes.

Gravy

Comment

Delete I found it!

Comment

I must be blind as a bat, I keep looking for the STL files and can not find them I saw the post that said it had a zip file in it. Just got a printer and want to print out the parts, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X