X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XK K130

Recently received this heli for testing and review purposes and was very excited as I love this line of small helicopters from XK. They have all flown great right out of the box so with that in mind I skipped a really good preflight check ran out front and fired her up. Take off was smooth in 6G mode and stable, in fact too stable or I thought. What I missed was one of the cyclic control arms was over tightened at the factory and had very little movement. So thinking the limited movement was caused by the 6G mode I went right into 3G mode. Big mistake! It flew off to left so so fast I lost control but tried to bring the nose around and get it back into 6G mode but to late. Impacted very hard into the middle of the street bounced hit the curb and laid there wiggling and dying. Do skip a preflight and I knew better. Got back to the shop found the control arm issue got new parts did the repairs and Wow. Even after a crash like that this little guy is flying just as good as any of the XK helis I have had in the past. So lets call this a durability test as well and another great little bird from XK.

Nice. I have the K120. Flies good. How does the K130 compare to it?

Comment

Have not flown a K120 but I will guess a step up hence the K130. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
        Have not flown a K120 but I will guess a step up hence the K130. Ha.
        How did this one fly Derek?

Comment

Had an unfortunate landing with my K130 a few days ago. Only damage was the main gear but one of the swash plate ball links came un-screwed. I don't have a hex driver small enough to re-install, so i ordered a few online to try them out. 0.9mm is just too small and 1.3 is too large. Does anyone know what size hex i need to buy? I cannot find sizes 1.0mm thru 1.2mm.

Comment

I just looked through all my allen wrenches and I myself have nothing that small. Never realized that before.

Comment

Just an update on the K130. The size for the ball links is 1.0mm. I found one on eBay and it seems to fit and now the helicopter is flying again

Comment

Working...
              X