You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Helicopters do you want to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be up for a MH-47 Chinook, the bigger the better.
    Best regards,
    Cris B.
    AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
    NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
      Hi Alpha,

Question for you, I bought the Roban Bell 212 600 size fuselage and it comes with no mechanics, but I see Roban offering ARF bundles on some of the other 600 size fuselages with mechanics included, I would like to buy a set of those mechanics for my Bell 212 but there is no mention of a part number or any info how to get the mechanics seperate, can you find that out?? And get Roban to come up with some better instructions, mine are in Chinese and very hard to see and make heads or tails out of them, good thing I know how to build.
      Hey Dcorsair,,

If you have any questions on the build, let me know. I’m finishing up a build of that fuselage right now. If you have any questions on the build or assembly, don’t hesitate to ask. I found the instructions to be pretty much useless, and unfortunately there is not much other build documentation out there. Good luck on the build!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Hey Dcorsair,,

If you have any questions on the build, let me know. I’m finishing up a build of that fuselage right now. If you have any questions on the build or assembly, don’t hesitate to ask. I found the instructions to be pretty much useless, and unfortunately there is not much other build documentation out there. Good luck on the build!
        Well thank you sir for the offer, I did study your build as well, I had two sets of screws I was trying to figure out where they went, looks like the little tiny ones go to the front windshield and the other set with the blind nuts are for the fuselage and tail boom fit, still had 5 little pieces of wood, maybe those go behind the wiindshield inside for those small screws to have something to bite into??

Comment

500-600 size MH-47 Chinook. reasonable price$ on 500 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Well thank you sir for the offer, I did study your build as well, I had two sets of screws I was trying to figure out where they went, looks like the little tiny ones go to the front windshield and the other set with the blind nuts are for the fuselage and tail boom fit, still had 5 little pieces of wood, maybe those go behind the wiindshield inside for those small screws to have something to bite into??
            The only little pieces of wood included in my kit were the small wood pieces that the blind nuts came embedded in. As you said, those are used for the tailboom attachment. The small windshield screws just went direct into the fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

The only little pieces of wood included in my kit were the small wood pieces that the blind nuts came embedded in. As you said, those are used for the tailboom attachment. The small windshield screws just went direct into the fiberglass.
              Oh ok, well I have some smaller pieces of wood as well that have tiny holes in them, plus I have the ones with blind nuts in them, so I will figure something out. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome Alpha!!

Corsair that 600 size 212 looks really sweet! Please post more pics as you progress through the build and adding little scale details that will really make it pop!
                Roy Mayoral

Comment

Originally posted by Heli143 View Post
                  Thank you for the welcome Alpha!!

Corsair that 600 size 212 looks really sweet! Please post more pics as you progress through the build and adding little scale details that will really make it pop!
                  Thank you, it's a nice kit, you do have to build them though, not all the parts fit perfect and require a little work sometimes but its worth it in the end. I have a set of mechanics coming for it so I will be installing those next week hopefully, and I have my big 800 Size Roban Hughes AH-6 to finish up and get flying.

Comment

Has anyone put together the 500 size airwolf conversion kit ? What did you think of it, and how are the retracts ? I'm eyeing it for my next project.

Comment

Alpha, when you spoke to the owner of Roban, was there any mention of a Chinook being a consideration?

i know numerous pilots who would love a Chinook that was more affordable to the average pilot. I believe it's definitely something Roban could pull off.
                      Roy Mayoral

Comment

A Bell 360 Invictus. So I don't have to make one from scratch...

Click image for larger version

Name:	960x0.png
Views:	429
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	223844

Comment

Both of those would be awesome! Completely agree that a Chinook would sell out. The mechanics could also be reused for a CH-46, and possibly H-21 as well. The Vario version is over $3000 without any electronics, and I would love to see another option. As for the 360, I’m a bit biased, but it would also be a must have! I might actually be working on the real deal in a year or so! The mockup is a sight to behold.

In addition, I’d love to see them tackle the V-280 tiltrotor similarly to the Rotormast V-22. It’s one hell of an impressive machine, and has achieved a lot in its last 2 years of flight testing. The same level of agility as a Blackhawk, with over twice the speed and range.

Name:	2BF050D9-AF91-47DB-9B6E-537A3E4F5AC5.jpeg
Views:	401
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	223883

Name:	242AE598-699F-4D57-96CF-7FF1EBAB88E8.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	223882 ​​​​​​​
                          Attached Files

Comment

only heli i have is a nano CPX, but I have always wanted a RAH-66 Commanche since childhood. I'd jump into helis If there was a decent one released.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                              only heli i have is a nano CPX, but I have always wanted a RAH-66 Commanche since childhood. I'd jump into helis If there was a decent one released.
                              They are out there I believe. Not Roban but there were two at the recent Southern Scale Heli Challenge in Dalton, GA.

Name:	image_43419.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	223898

Comment

I think I found the model, and it is just a basic fiberglass fuselage kit like the Byron or Yellow Aircraft. Yea, I'd hope for a more turn-key higher detail fidelity model like Roban

Comment

Comanche and Chinook, nice! I still need to meet with Roban, but I'll pass it along. Either would be unicorns, but while we're alive, there's still time.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

And 360 Invictus...

Comment

We need another Bell 47, Century is gone, Hirobo is gone I think, Vario looks to have one but a little to much work for me, maybe Roban could produce one.

Comment

Jetdude, I like that 360 Invictus ! Modern meets good old fashion brawn,

Comment

Originally posted by Sekhet View Post
                                          I'd be up for a MH-47 Chinook, the bigger the better.
                                          I'd like a CH-47 B or C BIG'IN Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X