X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-REX 550X and Fuselage

Hello everyone,... Just an bit about me, I've been in the RC world building and flying heli's and planes since 1981 but in the last 8 years I haven't done anything with models or built anything recently so I'm having to catch up on a lot of the newest technology out there for the industry so yeah I'm old school I guess. I was flying a lot but then had to stop a while right around when the V-Bar came out and when flying an single 5000mA battery for 12 minutes in an trex 600 size heli (scale flying) was the norm so to speak and flying on an minimum of 6 channels with an flybar head lol

Anyway I'm hoping to step up and get back on course today with an new build but I'm on the fence so to speak about a couple things.

I'm hoping a few of you can shed some light on this for me but I'm trying to make an decision on certain helicopter fuselages based on the T-REX550X. First of all the 550 I want to purchase comes with an 600 size boom but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can install an 700 size boom, torque tube and control rod to use inside the Roban 700 size Bell 206 Jet Ranger. I know an 600 size heli was once used with an boom extension or something like that so would an 700 size boom work also?

I have no problems making the rest of the mechanics fit or work inside I just need to know if the distance from the center mass on the 550 to the end of the 700 boom would be enough for the 700 fuselage?

Please let me know if anyone has done this or know of someone else doing this. Any information is appreciated since this is keeping from purchasing these products.

Thank You,
    Alan W.
    Tallahassee, Fl

As far as I know, the 700 and the 550X (actually it's a 600) use the same tail. So I don't see a problem stretching it to 700. I recently put my Trex 550X in a 600 size Funkey MD-500E. It was a very tight fit. But I am very happy with it. You cannot beat the Trex mechanics.
    I recently built a TREX 550X, which is actually a 600 sized machine, and put it in a Funkey 600 sized MD-500E. It was a big experiment to see if I could fit a modern helicopter into a fuselage designed for older helicopters. As you can see from the photos and the video, I think it was a success. I had to make almost the exact
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
    X