X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuselage

Has anyone ever taken off the fuselage on the rotor scale md500 450 size?

Scornette

Yes, I have. The takedown process is roughly the same for all the RotorScale 450s.

First, use an Allen key to remove the primary grip bolt for the tail assembly to loosen it.

Then, detach the belt from the tail rotor gear, so the tail assembly can slide off completely as one unit. You'll be left with the boom and the belt inside it. Tape the small bit of exposed belt to the outside of the boom, so it doesn't retract completely into the boom.

Remove the canopy and remove the four screws that affix the mechanics to the plywood standoffs.

Carefully pull the mechanics forward out of the fuselage. Done!
    ​​
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      Scornette

Yes, I have. The takedown process is roughly the same for all the RotorScale 450s.

First, use an Allen key to remove the primary grip bolt for the tail assembly to loosen it.

Then, detach the belt from the tail rotor gear, so the tail assembly can slide off completely as one unit. You'll be left with the boom and the belt inside it. Tape the small bit of exposed belt to the outside of the boom, so it doesn't retract completely into the boom.

Remove the canopy and remove the four screws that affix the mechanics to the plywood standoffs.

Carefully pull the mechanics forward out of the fuselage. Done!
      ​​
      What type of screwdriver do you use for the four screws inside the fuselage? Looks like they would hard to be to get too.

Comment

Working...
      X