X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xk K124

I am new to RC heli's so I purchased the XK K124 to begin with. I have it bound and running. My situation is the tail rotor does not run. I removed the til motor assembly and found a loose wire to motor. OK Purchased new tail motor assembly and reinstalled, tail rotor still does not run as should, By that I mean I was trying to lift off and it's just spinning but I did see tail rotor turn just a little. set it down just prior to crash. Never got more than 12" off ground. I would really like to learn to fly this thing but all it does is spin, I guess you guys call this pirouette.
    Thanks for any insight, I watched the review from John Salt - Helifun.

Hello navct . welcome to HobbySquawk. If you purchased it from motion RC, maybe something internal is wrong. Have you contacted our customer service department? They may be able to help you to solve the issue

Comment

Sorry No ,I got it from Bangood. Did not know about Motion RC, did not show up on my search.

Comment

I did not find MotionRC until I searched for the tail rotor motor

Comment

Its perfectly normal for the tail motor to sometimes not turn at all when the main rotor is spun up while still on the ground (or held in your hand). The tail motor is controlled by the electronic gyro that applies power to the tail rotor only when needed - i.e. when the torque of the main rotor causes the heli as a whole to spin counter clockwise (CCW - when looking down from above). Once the heli begins to rotate CCW, the tail rotor starts to spin to counteract and stop/balance this rotation. Of course once the heli is flying, the tail motor is running all the time, but the speed is automatically varied to hold a constant yaw position.

I would recommend maybe starting off with an XK K110 as it is easier to repair. Note that learning to fly a collective pitch helicopter is VERY DIFFICULT and takes a LOT OF PRACTICE! So don't be dismayed when it seems too hard - keep at it and once you finally get it, you'll be hooked!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks, I am just now ready to test my 600 phoenix. Think I have all programming done so far looks right. Going to mount it on teat stand i built for test. This way it can't get away. As for the K124 - trash can is not far a way. The one I received is far from the one I watched review and test flight on.

Comment

Originally posted by navct View Post
              Thanks, I am just now ready to test my 600 phoenix. Think I have all programming done so far looks right. Going to mount it on teat stand i built for test. This way it can't get away. As for the K124 - trash can is not far a way. The one I received is far from the one I watched review and test flight on.
              I would STRONGLY recommend against attempting to fly a 600 class heli before you know how to fly. You will most certainly crash it within seconds of takeoff - and make no mistake about it - this is extremely DANGEROUS! A heli this size can be fatal if it hits you or someone else.

As I said- first learn to fly on a tiny heli such as the K110 and get a simulator and start learning to fly using those. If you can't hover a heli in the simulator - you most certainly can't fly a bigger heli!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!

Comment

I have real flight, just have to get it interfaced then proceed. being a REAL pilot i understand the safety issues, probably better than you.

Comment

I too am reletivly new to helis, had several, hover was almost all i could do.
                  that being said, i have bought 2 others.....
                  Blade 330X and blade 150S, both fbl,
                  I absolutly LOVE the 150 !!!
                  Small yet very stable, fantastic trainer in my novis
                  opinion !!
                  With this i have finally achieved forward flight !!
                  I use the spek dx6 with it, i set my rates @ about 50%
                  And flies great !!
                  Trust me, if i can fly it anyone can !!
                  Note:. the landing gear is inadiquate and weak,
                  Easliy broken, so stock up, cheap, like $6.00 a pair at tower.
                  I digz me 150 !!!

Comment

navct
                    - Double check that the tail motor is spinning in the correct direction. If not:
                    -make sure the wire connector is plugged into the flight controller board the right way. (It should be keyed so it probably is).
                    - you may also need to reverse the rudder channel in your controller
                    - Since this is a new tail motor, you may need to double check the trim and gyro settings in your controller and adjust them to the new hardware.

The 124 should be an excellent little craft to setup and fly. The issue you described sounds like either a setting issue in the radio, or a faulty piece of hardware, but I would rule out a simple controller setting first.

Comment

K 124 just beeps no flashing lights no motor response worked fine the day before checked controller other helis function on there model select numbers

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                        Its perfectly normal for the tail motor to sometimes not turn at all when the main rotor is spun up while still on the ground (or held in your hand). The tail motor is controlled by the electronic gyro that applies power to the tail rotor only when needed - i.e. when the torque of the main rotor causes the heli as a whole to spin counter clockwise (CCW - when looking down from above). Once the heli begins to rotate CCW, the tail rotor starts to spin to counteract and stop/balance this rotation. Of course once the heli is flying, the tail motor is running all the time, but the speed is automatically varied to hold a constant yaw position.

I would recommend maybe starting off with an XK K110 as it is easier to repair. Note that learning to fly a collective pitch helicopter is VERY DIFFICULT and takes a LOT OF PRACTICE! So don't be dismayed when it seems too hard - keep at it and once you finally get it, you'll be hooked!

Hope this helps!
                        Good Saying!

Comment

Working...
                        X