X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban 700 size upgrade door hinges

I have found the Roban heli door hinges to be a weak link as have alot of you.If you have tried to find replacements,its almost impossible.That being said,me and a machinist friend have redesigned the hinges using a pressed in metal hinge pin.They work very well and will not separate.Here is a link to them.

These are 3D printed in PETG material, and assembled with a stainless steel hinge pin.

Looks good Todd !

Comment

Just ordered me some of these hinges, broke several on my Bell 212 sticking my hand in the door to plug in the battery, bought some of the original plastic ones from RCAerodyne several years ago but used to many and only have one left, so I thought I would give those hinges a try. Will report back when they get here, won't be until the middle of the month.

Comment

DCCORSAIR,that's how mine always broke.Right on the flightline plugging up.You will be happy with them.I got tired of trying to find them.

Comment

Well, got the hinges and they are awesome looking, twisted and tugged on them a little, they seem to be rugged enough, will be ordering more that's for sure. Here is a pic of one of them on my big Roban 800 AH-6 next to the stock one that is still mounted, and they come in this nice little handy little plastic case.
          Attached Files

Comment

Time to make some more, gents! I just bought the last set. I'm going to need more though -- I have 6 helis that use these hinges.. 😀

Comment

We already placed an order for these door hinges and it should arrive from 30-60 days. RC Aerodyne are totally out. Please check back with us at Motion RC.

Comment

Ok, good to know but some of us have found a better supplier and a better product overall as far as hinges go, the ones listed are from another source off Ebay, 30-60 days is a long wait when your door is hanging off., A lot of Roban parts have been out of stock for too long, MRC needs to get with it to keep these heli guys happy.

Comment

Working...
                X