X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed scale parts

Does any one know of any 3d printed scale parts. I have been looking at doing a Fire fighting version of the bell 412 and have been looking for the water tank and other details. Thingiverse and other STL web sites have crappy search features. Thanks

Rudinater , Don't know of any 3DP heli parts in these threads, but don't give up searching, I don't peruse those threads much. I did have a thought, try using Autodesk's TinkerCAD (it's a great program to start designing) and design what you want and then check out one of the 3DP Printing Services to have your new STL Files printed. Might solve all your future mod part needs. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I just ordered some stuff from "https://www.fine-scalemodela.com" for the Rotorscale Airwolf 450 I just received. There is a listing for the Bell 412, but nothing under it. If you contact them, they are pretty responsive (sorry, no search function either). Also, the details of the parts I ordered look fantastic!

Comment

Motion has uploaded some 3d print files to some of the 450 size rotorscale helicopters. Huey and AH-6 threads for sure. Maybe others.

Once you do get some .STL files, where are you guys finding is the best place to have them printed out (online 3D printing services)?

I've been looking around and find that the low quantity parts orders really makes the prices high. I tested out the Huey files at Sculpteo and for just 1 part of each of the files, it's about $115 before shipping. Also, some of the parts don't meet their minimum dimensions (30mm in LxWxH).

Thanks.

Comment

Tron, There are several members here at the "Squawk" that offer printing services. RCGeek and Dirty Dee have both printed customer orders. You might check with them though I don't know their pricing policies. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Elbee, thanks for the tip. I'll try reaching out to these members to see what they offer/recommend.

Comment

You can contact Tyler Gray on his web site www.tylergraymodels.com. He has printed a water tank for a Bell 412 recently and should have no problems printing one for you. He does excellent work as can be seen here on the FLIR unit on my Bell 407.

Jay

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200309_201613.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	241695

Comment

lt1pwr , Welcome to "The Squawk" and great find and tip. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

+1 for Tyler! he does very nice work and can make anything anyone might want.

BTW Jay, that is a great pic of your Roban 407!
                  Roy Mayoral

Comment

Thanks Roy! It's just a sport scaler

Comment

Hey Helio-Posters, Don't know whether you all need pilot figures, but Max Grueter who publishes on CDTrader has one available for $39.00 USD in 3DP STL format. Check it out: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mo...5-909c2f0516ab . I use his fixed wing figures and have great success scaling these to my Freewing and Flightline models. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                      X