X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

😂 yeah in that case I’m very dangerous. 🤣

there was no room to move the tube with out cutting it down. It was at the stops on both end. If I would have cut it say 6-7mm the shaft would have been tight with no extra space. I’m really hoping that I can cut 2mm at the least off the main tube. I think that would tighten it up perfectly.

yeah I can’t wait to get the 515, I think it’s going to make all the difference in the world on how she flies. Then I can get her all dialed in before stuffing her in the body.

got some paint done today. Did all my black lines and two coats of Helo Drab in the left side. 1 more thin coat on the left and that side is done.

Gravy
    Attached Files

Comment

More paint done. She’s almost ready for a coat of clear.

Gravy
      Attached Files

Comment

Not much left to do to the body. Reinstall the gear add the fins, gun and the two piece that go in front of the shark mouth in both sides. Then just install the elevator after I get the hinge.

i did take some liberties with the shark mouth. I wasn’t happy with where they were supposed to go. So I moved them back a bit and changed the location of the eyes too.

overall I’m really happy with how she came out really looks good in person.

Gravy
        Attached Files

Comment

Gear on. I have 8 more pieces to put on her and she done waiting to be stuffed and sent into combat.

got some good shots of her loaded up.

Gravy
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good, can't wait to see that baby in the air and my AH-6 together..!

Comment

Some more pics. I’ve decided to leave the little handles off for now. I can see them getting accidentally knock them off.

there is no sign this came with any damage at all now.

Gravy
              Attached Files

Comment

I got another full pack hover test in today with the 510kv. Then I got another flight where I actually started some flying. Seams pretty stable right now.
                I fly her a couple more weekends before I stuff her in. I’m at 85% throttle using simple governor mode.

gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                  I got another full pack hover test in today with the 510kv. Then I got another flight where I actually started some flying. Seams pretty stable right now.
                  I fly her a couple more weekends before I stuff her in. I’m at 85% throttle using simple governor mode.

gravy

https://youtu.be/sVDhYTKZ0ng
                  Nice flight, your getting closer to putting that baby in the fuselage, headspeed sounds good to, can't wait to see it in person in the fuselage.

Comment

So the antenna on the bottom is a PIA. I have broken it twice now. So today I ordered some flex100 resin to print a new me out. It states 180 deg flexible print. So when the resin gets here I’ll print one out and give it a good test. If she holds up I’ll print a new one, clean her up, paint her and glue her in. If I get that far I’ll post my STL for others to use.

gravy

Comment

It will be done this week, I’m at the 99% completed stage.
                      need to added servo for elevator control.
                      glue in battery tray.
                      touch up paint.

i have about 20 flights on the mechanics now and it feels really solid.

Gravy
                      Attached Files

Comment

And got my first completed flight in
                        nerd to adjust the tail a bit, but it was good to get her done.

Gravy

Comment

Got some work done on my pitot tube setup.

brass tubing and resin printed parts and two long screws.

Gravy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow Gravy, you are really getting good at this scale stuff, now if you could get past those bad luck tail issues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Ok so started a little bit on her.

i glued the cockpit interior together and sealed the holes that light was bleeding out of.

I cut the intake holes out of the canopy. Next I need to make the Air channel insert for it.

i want to remove the windows. The front sides need to be reglued anyway, but if I can remove them it will make it easier to work with and repaint the canopy.
                                Anyone know what to use the soften and remove the glue they used?

ordered my strobes for motor pods.

I reached out to Thisguy65 on RCgroups to see if he can help me out with the same hinge setup for the elevator as he did for RCjetdude. Hope to hear back soon.

i might not do the spring upgrades, but rather might just add some gas tube just to give it a little more.

I really don’t want to get to into this build until my 450 is done. That one is getting really close.

gravy
                                I’ve made MLG shock strut mods and with the weight of batteries, it didn’t make a difference.

Comment

Got mine test hovered today. 1st thing, I’m glad I bought a 510kv to stick in her, because I don’t like how she is on 450kv. At 95% throttle she will hover but any thing less than 90% is no good. She’ll get in the air but protest the whole time. Tail is on the ragged edge also.
                                  I didn’t even bother to spend time trying to dial her in as I’ll wait until the 510 is installed. If I had to guess I would say 500 kv would be the sweet spot.

she was a nothing exciting which is good , just again INHO just under powered.

two things that I did notice was the tail riser tube is to tall or the tail riser shaft to to small by about 4mm. So I cut her the tube down by 4mm. I’ll most likely have to make some minor adjustments to the tail rotor hole as well. We’ll see.
                                  what I was getting was excessive slip in the whole tail gear/shaft rotation. The shafts army seated enough into the umbrella gears. I know they need to float some but this was beyond floating. The main tail rotor shaft to the riser is just as bad. I’m going to wait until the next time I dry fit things again to see if I can shorten that one by 2-4mm as well.

so still messing with it but at least she flew today.

Gravy

https://youtu.be/H7syQvRhGqM
                                  Gravy,

Maybe it’s a little late, but 560 KV is the number. I use the Scorpion 4035-560kv with most all of my helis. This gives the governor the ability to do its job and stay in the efficiency range. Sorry if this info is rolling in late.

Comment

Got some work done on my pitot tube setup.

brass tubing and resin printed parts and two long screws.

Gravy
                                    Gravy,

I installed bearings in mine and now they actually rotate in the wind to scale.

Comment

Yeah mine move freely too. Also will rotate in the wind. I didn’t use bearings though. Just a lose screw inside a brass tube. Not close enough to move sloppy just lose enough to rotate freely.

Gravy

Comment

Yeah mine move freely too. Also will rotate in the wind. I didn’t use bearings though. Just a lose screw inside a brass tube. Not close enough to move sloppy just lose enough to rotate freely.

Gravy
                                        I also cut off the front of my AGM 114’s and put a clear seeker head on them. You can find the heads at most craft stores. If you wanted to put the cam lens behind it, you can use sequins. It’s a bit of work but it really makes your scale endeavor pop.

Comment

Gravy, did the tail riser & main tube 4mm cutdowns fix the gear slippage issue?

Comment

Working...
                                          X