Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or totally but it improved it. The biggest improvement came from the rise shortening. There was double slip/slop in the whole setup. 1st in the main TT and 2nd in the Short TT. There in no more slop in the Short.
    for the main I’m really worried about doing to short length wise. So I only cut it down 2-3mm on the main frame side. It helped but there is still a little play left.

I fly it and see how it performs. I did buy a spear boom from Motion just in case.

Gravy

Comment

Posted my Apache on RCGROUPS for sale.
      $2500 local pickup only.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
        Posted my Apache on RCGROUPS for sale.
        $2500 local pickup only.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ache-700-Roban

Gravy
        Sad to hear that......hang it on a shelf till your ready, You know you will kick yourself later if you do sell.....

Comment

I’m already having second thoughts. I have flown this like I’ve stole it before. I know I can again. So if it don’t sell for what I want I will keep it.
          the biggest decision to sell it is its size. It’s just a monster for me to transport. When I crashed my cobra Friday it was the nail in the coffin. The cobra crash was totally my fault, not my flying ability it my attention to detail. I am highly ADHD and tend to have several projects being built at once. Because of this my attention to details can suffer.
          I missed thread lock on my washout control arms bolts.
          it was flying so good then it all let go in a flash.
          I will rebuild the cobra weather it’s a fix or buy new kit when in stock.
          my last three helicopters that crashed were all because of lack of attention to maintenance.
          bell 206, control rod for tail pulled out of ball joint, because I cut and threaded it to shallow of threads. Just bad building.
          my UH-1A my tail rotor control arm bolt no thread lock and after many flights was never caught and finally came out.
          and cobra no thread lock again.
          so my thought was the AH-64 might live longer in someone else hands that actually gives it the maintenance attention it needs over time. I fear I’m to old to retrain myself to slow down. I mean I’m a 50year old ADHD pro by now.

part of my wants to just climb back on the bike, part of me wants to just let it go.

I put it into gods hands. If it sells for the $2500. It will go, if it don’t it will fly.

Gravy

Comment

What happened to the cobra? If you don't mind me asking...
            Seems like we are kindred spirits.... I have about 5 projects all about 65~85% completed.
            It's a battle to not get sucked into something else about once a week!

Comment

I hear ‘ya. I have 2 projects can’t complete until MRC restocks 4 and 5 blade 600 sets. Good time to double check threadlocker.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                I hear ‘ya. I have 2 projects can’t complete until MRC restocks 4 and 5 blade 600 sets. Good time to double check threadlocker.
                Yeah, it was a sad to watch the Cobra go down, I really enjoyed watching him fly it and it was really dialed in, poor little Cobra never seen it coming, but I know Gravy, he will get another one flying, if not the same one fixed up.

Comment

Yeah I’m already working on rebuild/new cobra.

The head came apart during flight. Luckily it wasn’t going fast or too high up. When it happened it just dropped straight down I’m guessing about 15’-20’.

I forgot to add thread lock to the washout bolts. One backed out during flight, then the one washout arm that was free I believe hit one of the control arms and that was all she wrote. It looked as though all the blades just folded at once. Only one control arm was still connected to the head. One was found that day with split ball connector. And then yesterday DC found another. Last one is still MIA.

I’m going to hit up a buddy that is good at fixing fiberglass and see if he thinks he can fix it and what he would charge. Only the front got damaged and all the mounting wood.

if he can do it for reasonable price, I’ll repair. If not I’ll get new kit.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                  X