X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large scale heli transport question

Now that I got into these large scale helis, I need a way to transport them around on the ground, I see guys using some type of wheels hooked to the skids or anyone else have something you made or bought?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Anyone with any idea on how to make a dolly or buy one to transport these big birds out to the flight line?

Comment

Hi DCorsair, yes you are really better off with some way to help you move your big heli's around, the wheels you are talking about are really nice...I use a "garden wagon" to pull my big choppers out to the flightline, because if I stumbled and fell, i'm afraid of the damage that would occur....

Comment

Oh okay, garden wagon, will look into that and see what I can come up with, these large helis are just to heavy and awkward to carry. Thanks

Comment

I have a dolly cart made from 6061 aluminum with some harbor freight wheels attached. Works great and saves my back

Jay

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200223-WA0068.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	251950

Comment

Sweet, that's what I need right there, going to make me a custom dolly I guess, can't seem to find something I can just buy and use, will have to modify something.

You want to sell that?

Comment

No sir, that heli is 46 lbs and is a killer on the back

But I can talk to my buddy who made it and see if he can build you one.

Comment

Ok, just ask him if you don't mind, is there some type of handle attached to the dolly?

​​​​If you don't mind, can you put up a picture of your chopper on here, I don't mind, would live to drool over your 46 lb bird.

I will look into making my own to, just got lazy and thought I could buy something quick.

Comment

My dolly has no handle, I use the tail boom as a handle .

I'll ask my buddy and get back to you.

Sure, here's some pics of my Bell 206.

Jay

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200223-WA0064.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	252303Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200223-WA0061.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	252304Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200223-WA0002.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	252305Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200223-WA0052.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	252306

Comment

I just sent you a PM with the dolly info.

Jay

Comment

That is abosolutey stunning, wow, 46 lbs of nothing but scale, the 2nd and 3rd pictures looks like a full scale, beautiful.

Yes, I did respond to your pm and want to try and make something simple for now, it's not the price either, that is a great price for your buddy making a nice dolly like yours, I just want to at least try to make something first.

Comment

Well, I dug around the house and came up with this set of wheels with an axle, these tires have tubes in them and were flat but they aired right up, these were my son's training wheels for his 2002 Honda XR 50, which he still has, he was 4 yrs old then, he is now 20, so I don't think he will need them anymore, lol, I might be able to make a dolly out of them, will update if I can make them work.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That should work. You could maybe get 2 pillow block bearings and mount them to some 2x4’s as a deck for the heli to sit on and put grip tape or rubber on top to keep the heli in place and mount a handle.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lt1pwr View Post
                            That should work. You could maybe get 2 pillow block bearings and mount them to some 2x4’s as a deck for the heli to sit on and put grip tape or rubber on top to keep the heli in place and mount a handle.
                            Oh, good idea, thanks.

Comment

Hello i tried many times to pay for uh-60 helicopter rc from motion rc but the payment refused can you help me in this why

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but you need to contact Motion RC customer service, they will take care of you.

Comment

Well, it's nothing fancy but it's what I had laying around the house, works great to.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

That looks really good. I like the handle too. Nice job

Comment

Working...
                                    X