X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

Recently dug into my fathers garage and found an old rc helicopter, i remember him getting it from a house he was building, its in bad shape and i know nothing about rc helicopters but would like to give it a try at fixing it.

Here are some photos

Comment

Welcome! What is the total length of the body? This reminds me of an old model by a company called Hirobo... To determine if it can be salvaged, you would need to remove the electronics chassis from the outer body.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I would agree, are you into RC flying already?
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          I would agree, are you into RC flying already?
          No, i decided to rummage through my fathers garage out of boredom and found it, it seems like a good thing to work on due to quarantine.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Welcome! What is the total length of the body? This reminds me of an old model by a company called Hirobo... To determine if it can be salvaged, you would need to remove the electronics chassis from the outer body.
            I roughly measured it and its about 52.5 inches or cm, again these are only rough measurements.

Comment

If you're not into Helicopters and want to be, I would probably get one of the small XK helis that Motion carries and maybe later fix the 109 up, where are you located?
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Litholt View Post
                Here are some photos
                Oh wow,that looks like a Funkey 600 size Agusta 109 with Hirobo mechanics, I can't tell what mechanics but kind of look like the Sceadu/Evo mechanics with an OS .50 nitro motor, I had two of those about 5 yrs ago, that fuselage should have some screws holding the top part of the canopy on, look inside just below the windows, you should see the screws, and there should be some screws just inside the back windows more to the top, it comes apart so you can get to the mechanics, I hope you get it going again, oh I did convert my Hirobo mechanics to electric, they flew great to and the spool up sounds awesome because I was able to keep the stock clutch.

https://jettechmodels.com/funkey-sca...-landing-gear/

Comment

Working...
                X