X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 450 tail riser or flex shaft

In building my 450 Apache, I’ve run into a stopping point. I’m looking for some way to drive my tail besides a separate motor. I was trying to build my own tail riser and got stuck on making the plates I need to join the two torque tubes.
    if I could buy just the tail riser from the UH-1 Motion sells, I’d make that work. But unfortunately that part is not for sale.
    I'm also looking at The universal contour drive, but holy smokes at $150.

so if anyone has any alternatives or ideas or 450 tail risers available, I would love and appreciate to hear.

thanks
    Gravy

Maybe you can make this one work?

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ro...-elevated-tail

Comment

I bought that one already. Way to big for 450 and this Apache body

thank you though.

Gravy

Comment

Unfortunately, the only ones out there for 450s are the belt drives from 450 UH-1. For torque tube, you would have to custom build a gearbox out of 2 450 tail cases.

Comment

That was my original plan but was proving to be not difficult to get the precision needed with my tools and tool sets.

I would have no problem converting to belt drive, but can’t even find a tail riser for belt setup. The Huey that MotionRC sells would work, but they don’t just sell the parts.

I found a flex shaft that I’m going to try. Turns out RC bouts use flex shafts. So I got a 1/4” flex shaft ordered and the other bits and pieces. I’ll do other updates in my Apache 450 thread

Gravy

Comment

Working...
          X