X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 airwolf

Question for you scale fliers. I've got the itch to invest in a 800 size airwolf but it's a toss up between Vario and Roban. I like the simplicity of the roban kits, the prepainted fuse and recommended mechanics to complete the kit but the main supplier of roban seems to be out of stock. I like the German made product from Vario but they dont put forth much information about what you need to complete the the kit, not to mention it looks like itll be twice as much as roban.
    Any recommendations will be appreciated, I'm new to scale but have flown pod n boom, most being older generation with a fly bar. I'm no hardcore 3D pilot but can keep the bird in the air with simple circuit flying.

Hi, the Roban kits are nice and include everything you need minus the electronics. The paint quality is good and the mechanics are decent but parts support is an issue.. I have a few Roban helis and also own a Vario Airwolf and while the Vario kit is very expensive, you definitely get a nice quality helicopter and the parts support to back it up. I actually have my Airwolf up for sale on another site if you want to look over all my pics and flying video. The mechanics were Benzine or gasser and I converted it to electric with a clutch. https://rc.runryder.com/t831100p1/

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworx View Post
      Question for you scale fliers. I've got the itch to invest in a 800 size airwolf but it's a toss up between Vario and Roban. I like the simplicity of the roban kits, the prepainted fuse and recommended mechanics to complete the kit but the main supplier of roban seems to be out of stock. I like the German made product from Vario but they dont put forth much information about what you need to complete the the kit, not to mention it looks like itll be twice as much as roban.
      Any recommendations will be appreciated, I'm new to scale but have flown pod n boom, most being older generation with a fly bar. I'm no hardcore 3D pilot but can keep the bird in the air with simple circuit flying.
      I agree with It1pwr, I love my big 800 size Roban Hughes 500 and AH-6 but parts are not easy to come by, looks to me to be getting worse as far as in stock items, if it keeps going that way then mine will be up for sale, great kits and fly awesome but you got to have parts and a parts supplier so you don't have to worry about down time, so keep that in mind if you purchase a Roban kit.

Comment

I just got an email from Vario today and even tho price difference is a bit higher, I think I'm gunna lean towards Vario. Seem to have what you need in stock, Roban wont have an 800 size in stock for a couple months and most of the electronics are out of stock as well. I appreciate the input from you guys

Comment

So, what did you ending up with? The Vario or the Roban? Thanks

Comment

I ended up going with Vario. Found another user on here and drove down to Georgia to pick up the heli. Then bought another 800 size Vario as well. Very pleased

Comment

Wow, sounds good. I have never seen a Vario with my own eyes but judging on the videos and pictures on the web, it must be a beautiful model.Different models? Would love to see some pictures, please. Thank you for sharing and enjoy. Stay safe.

Comment

No problem, ill get them up as soon as possible

Comment

Working...
                X