You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie needs help. How to install new tail motor.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help. How to install new tail motor.

Dumb question, but my tail motor and rotor blade both flew off on a relatively soft grass landing. Found the rotor blade but motor is MIA. Have new tail motor coming, but no instructions on how to replace. It's on an XK K100 Falcon helicopter. I live out in the middle of nowhere, trying to learn, but no clubs nearby to join. Any help greatly appreciated.

I haven't flown little helis for a long time but I've replaced tail motors/rotors on them before. How much of it did you lose? If you lost the housing, then it's going to be very difficult to put the new motor on it. If the housing is gone (the part where the tail fin is attached, you'll need a new housing, too. If the housing is still there, you should still see the wire end hanging around where it broke off when the motor came out. Follow that wire to the the central part of the heli where it's plugged in or attached. You'll have to remove the old wire and trace it back and feed the new wire in the same route. The motor itself should be held in the housing with some screws that need to be loosened, then tightened after the new motor goes in. To do these repairs, you have to take stuff apart (carefully) to see how they go back together. Use a cellphone camera to take picture of stuff as you disassemble so you know how they go back together.

Comment

Thanks so much, xviper, for your reply. Very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X