X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like to get into scale Helis

I originally was looking to buy a reasonably easy to fly CP helicopter with a scale body on MRC website. I notice a lot seem to be out of stock. I was originally think I'd find something here since I recall a few years back when helis were starting to be more aggressively marketed by MRC. Was the scale helicopter thing sort of a "miss" for MRC? Or are we just in transition to new manufacturers?

My helicopter background is that of a person who's owned 4 or 5 cheap Blade helicopters that wear out quickly. The last one was a fixed pitch that I thought had a lot of limitations and was looking forward to getting a 450 size CP setup. I've owned several drones as well. I enjoy flying the helis in a scale manner with swooping flight patterns followed by hovers, landings, etc. I don't get much into 3D since I've never owned a capable helicopter in that regard. I've been flying RC for ages, since age 8, and I'm in my 40's. I have a lot of RC experience and think it's time to get into flybar-less helicopters.

I was checking out this web page that had a lot of good info:
    From beginner to advanced models, let's look at what makes the best RC helicopter for your skill level, budget, and long term expectations.

Was thinking about getting a Trex 450 size heli. I like 3s. I notice a lot of the 470 frames now are all 6s. It's not a deal breaker, but love the idea of cheap 3s packs I can share with my drones and smaller RC models too.

Was looking at the Align Trex 450LP but it seems to just come in the Rtf format. It is set up for 3s but I don't want to pay for a junk transmitter.

Any of you guys flying the Trex 470LM Super combo? Does the flybar-less controller also serve as the gyro and bail out type system? What do you guys think of it? I might bite the bullet, get one of those, and then after a season buy a scale Hughes 500 body if I have not been humbled with failure in the process of getting to know the 470 better. I don't expect to fail but hey, this is a helicopter and I know things can go south quickly ;)

I've got hours and hours of "sim time" on my XTR sim and the sim flying on 450 and 700 size setups does seem to correlate to my basic heli experience I already have. And like all sims, the sim is always way easier to manage than the real thing, so I have that knowledge too. I imagine I'll love a solid CP helicopter.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Cheers!

You can always run your 3s packs in series to make a 6s pack for the heli.

A flybarless controller is a gyro and the Microbeast plus that comes with that combo does have a bailout/rescue.

As far as the heli, I can't help you there as I have never flown that particular one.

Comment

Working...
    X