X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Cats Rotor Head Reviews?

Does anyone have experience with Double-Cats rotor heads? I’m sourcing a 600 size 4 blade head for an EC-145/Phoenixtech ESP project and found a video of a 600 UH-60 flying one. They look good at first glance and the price is very reasonable. Most interested in all comments!

What do you want to know? I can try to get answers directly from Phoenix.

I haven't flown one myself, though, so I'm also interested in heading if anyone here has done so.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I’ve flown a few of their 500 size heads and have found them to fly quite well. Have flown their 5 blade on my 500 Little Bird for 6 years now without any issues. I have not flown any of their 600 heads, but I also have 2 of them that will go on future projects, a 4 blade for my Bell 222, and a 5 blade for my Sea King. Both are well built and have no noticeable issues.

Comment

Interested in opinions about tolerances, sloppiness, finish quality, vibration, etc. Would like to know what experiences users have with it in general. I’m a little suspicious of a < $150 600 size 4 blade head but certainly won’t disregard it based on price alone. I would hate to discover it’s milled from 6061-T0 after the fact, for example.

Comment

Thanks, F106! You replied while I was typing my last post, I guess.

Comment

F106DeltaDart Do you happen to know what primary material the head and grips are milled from? Is it 6061, 2024, or? I cannot seem to find a clean answer from my other sources.

Also which blades are you running in your 5B head, and at what rpm range?
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              F106DeltaDart Do you happen to know what primary material the head and grips are milled from? Is it 6061, 2024, or? I cannot seem to find a clean answer from my other sources.

Alpha, I’m not sure exactly what grade of aluminum it is by sight. Seems like it may be 60 series, but hard to tell without a hardness test. I’ll ask in my next email to them and will see if they give me an answer. As for blades, I’m running the CarbonHobby 425mm blades: http://www.ehirobo.com/carbonhobby-b...ain-rotor.html at about 1700rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Just got an answer back from Double cats. Their heads are 7075 for high stress areas (hub and blade grips) and 2A12 for some of the lower stress parts.

Comment

Working...
                X