Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail rotor upgrade RPM kit roban 700/800

Hi,

I'm looking for the kit to increase the tail rotor speed of my super scale apache. Scaleflying.de has them but it is taking forever to get them to the USA and their shipping is ridiculous without other shipping options. Are there local options to achieve this? Or someone that knows what to piece together to achieve the increased tail rotor speed.

thanks
    Chris

Found, thanks sfcfury

Comment

Can you pass it on? might be interested
      tkx

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
        Hi,

I'm looking for the kit to increase the tail rotor speed of my super scale apache. Scaleflying.de has them but it is taking forever to get them to the USA and their shipping is ridiculous without other shipping options. Are there local options to achieve this? Or someone that knows what to piece together to achieve the increased tail rotor speed.

thanks
        Chris
        chris,

Why did you have to speed up your tail? If I were you, I’d look at your head speed and motor KV. I’m running Scorpion Motors in all of my scale Roban Helis and have found this to be the magic number in the 700-800 size aircraft. I’m also using Kontronik ESC’s with between 72%-80% on my governor throttle curves. Increasing rotor rpm, increases tail rotor rpm, decreases amount of pitch needed to hover, decreases torque, decreases counter-torque demand. This is just my $0.02.

Comment

Found, thanks sfcfury

FYI, I ordered an 800 size airwolf from them and it took 35 days. The tracking stops at the US in New York. One day it just showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Roguemonkey View Post

chris,

Why did you have to speed up your tail? If I were you, I’d look at your head speed and motor KV. I’m running Scorpion Motors in all of my scale Roban Helis and have found this to be the magic number in the 700-800 size aircraft. I’m also using Kontronik ESC’s with between 72%-80% on my governor throttle curves. Increasing rotor rpm, increases tail rotor rpm, decreases amount of pitch needed to hover, decreases torque, decreases counter-torque demand. This is just my $0.02.
            Well my motor is the 560kv scorpion. Decreased head speed gives the heli a more scale like sound and profile. Side effect less vibrations. Adding the tail rotor speed upgrade allows me to have positive tail control with a lower head speed. I am very familiar on how helicopters work. Higher motor RPM = More torque. Increased tail rotor gearing (stock = 1:1) allows me to have my tail rotor effective in the Head speed RPM I want to run.

I am very happy with my setup and it flies very very good. Probably not the reply you wanted.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by thebirdman View Post
              tkx
              Pass on what? I'm confused.......

Comment

Well my motor is the 560kv scorpion. Decreased head speed gives the heli a more scale like sound and profile. Side effect less vibrations. Adding the tail rotor speed upgrade allows me to have positive tail control with a lower head speed. I am very familiar on how helicopters work. Higher motor RPM = More torque. Increased tail rotor gearing (stock = 1:1) allows me to have my tail rotor effective in the Head speed RPM I want to run.

I am very happy with my setup and it flies very very good. Probably not the reply you wanted.

Chris
                I am by no means an expert in any of this. I’m always willing to listen to what fellow hobbyists are doing currently. Vibration is another animal all together. I have your setup and haven’t found any issues and my head speed seemed adequate. I thought I was using 1400 for my head speeds. I’ve recently found out they are much higher. I’m using more rotor RPM to get a higher speed so that I don’t have to use as much torque. 1680 is my ballpark head speed and I get no rotor droop with my setup using pitch/throttle curve and not governor.

at the end of the day; it comes down to flying style. I prefer my aircraft to be agile due to I fly them how I know them to fly. I’m around apaches a lot and I like mine to get in the mix of things if you know what I mean. So I prefer an adequate head speed where a tail and cyclic input doesn’t interfere with my gyro gains.

Comment

What are you talking about???? LOL Higher head speed so you don't have to use much torque?

I am so done with this conversation. Good luck

Comment

tkx
                    Lol looks like the thread got off in the wrong direction?
                    Was interested in what was needed for the higher tail speed, and where " Atomic" found it this side of the world
                    cheers

Comment

Lol looks like the thread got off in the wrong direction?
                      Was interested in what was needed for the higher tail speed, and where " Atomic" found it this side of the world
                      cheers
                      Fury had a kit that he was not going to use. I bought it off of him. I just so happens he lives 60 miles from me. :)

It would be nice if motion rc would carry upgrade kits, hell I would just be happy if they would correct the parts for what they have already. I tired calling a few weeks ago each day with no return call or even talking to anyone that knew roban parts. Each day they took my number and each day noone called back.

Comment

Fury had a kit that he was not going to use. I bought it off of him. I just so happens he lives 60 miles from me. :)

It would be nice if motion rc would carry upgrade kits, hell I would just be happy if they would correct the parts for what they have already. I tired calling a few weeks ago each day with no return call or even talking to anyone that knew roban parts. Each day they took my number and each day noone called back.
                        Good luck on trying to get ahold of Ed. And they will likely tell you that the parts are in an unknown conex, on an unknown ship, inbound at an estimated time of 60 days. That’s when my upgraded Fenestron tail rotor was supposed to be in (in May).

Comment

Lol yeah after almost 2 months im still waiting on Ed to call me back.

Comment

Tkx for the clearing that up Atomic.
                            Agree, Motion support needs some attention, It's awesome to have a Distributor this side of the globe selling what we love, but when an issue or question arises they need to be able to handle any support question about the products they sell in a knowledgeable and timely manner. Spare parts and upgrades that are available should also be kept on hand, we all know accidents happen and there is nothing worse than having to source from multiple suppliers.
                            Just my 2 cents
                            Stay safe all.

Comment

Scaleflying.de seems to keep most stuff in stock... and I had a lil list of things I wanted growing... so finally made an order. The shipping costs do suck... but that's I had been waiting on just getting several things at one time. It was about $40 for shipping, and got here in less than 10 days.... but 40 dollar shipping for a $40 dollar part lol.... that's why usually have 3-5 items I want/need before I make an order... then try to forecast anything else I might need lol...
                              But yes... I wish MRC would tap Roban on the shoulder pretty hard to keep the parts coming...

Comment

Its crazy right now with shipping, I just paid $50 to get a set of those 152mm tail blades which were $37 or something in that range and UPS lost them for several days, it was supposed to be 2 day air, reason I paid it was, it was going to take up to 2 months with DHL for these little tail blades, this is from Scaleflying.de. These tail blades are worth gold right now, so then I ordered from MRC, a new torque tube and a couple of things for my OH-6 and those pkges are just sitting at the DHL/USPS drop off, this is after MRC shipped them out, were talking two weeks now and still no parts, so my Magnum PI pilot is not happy at all with me right now, I stole the parts off his Hughes 500 for the OH-6 after my little touch with mother earth with the tail rotor.

Comment

Working...
                                X