X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance

I’m new to scale just bought a EC 145 from Motion rc seems to be very heavy in the rear dose this matter like with a fixed wing or just fly?

Originally posted by Masque40 View Post
    I’m new to scale just bought a EC 145 from Motion rc seems to be very heavy in the rear dose this matter like with a fixed wing or just fly?
    Yes, it absolutely matters to get a good flying aircraft. It should balance on the rotormast or even a bit forward. Most models with a raised tail will need a substantial amount of nose ballast added to balance correctly.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

You can trim it out to hover but what happens in forward flight is the tail will want to settle, the FBL will correct and it sets up an oscillation in the pitch axis that can get nasty. Bite the bullet and balance it ever slightly nose heavy.

Comment

You should never trim your swash though the radio. (unless you FBL has a trim position save function) When you do this the FBL system thinks its getting an input from the radio. (because it is) Balance the heli and level your swash.

I had to add 1 pound and 6 ozs of lead in the front of my apache to get it to balance out.

Comment

Working...
          X