Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban B407 Battery Compartment Dimensions

Hello,
    Trying to find out what are the dimensions of the battery compartment on the 700 size Roban B407. The manual is not splicit on that information. Trying to find out what batteries to get. Looking on the Turnigy LiPos from Hobbyking.

Thanks

Ed

Just saw your post, Ed. I will get you dimensions in a day or so when my B407 is accessible. In the meantime, I’ll offer that any 6s Lipo will fit in the “chimney”. Mine has a 6s 5000 50c Admiral in there with room to spare. However, a 6s 5000 50c Admiral is a snug fit on the top tray, but it does fit by moving the serial connector to the side. lt1pwr installed a battery on each side of the “chimney”, inside the cabin and behind the cockpit seats, and they are almost invisible to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliman911 View Post
      Hello,
      Trying to find out what are the dimensions of the battery compartment on the 700 size Roban B407. The manual is not splicit on that information. Trying to find out what batteries to get. Looking on the Turnigy LiPos from Hobbyking.

Thanks

Ed
      I wouldn't bother with those Turnigy batteries myself, get you some good lipos, I never had any luck with those cheap Turnigy batteries, I know others swear by them but to me they are just heavy bricks, I use Gensace 5000 45C or the 60C, they are smaller and less weight and perform great, there are other good batteries as well, then again I may be wrong and maybe you will have good luck with them.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got my Turnigy Nano Techs 5000mAh 45C and they fit perfectly.

Comment

The dimensions on those Turnigy Nano Techs are 153x49x52.8mm and they fit snugly. However, I ended up not installing them on their compartment. I could not fit my ESC on the side of the frame as suggested in the manual. It will not work on that location. You would need a very small ESC without a fan. So, I had to install the ESC upfront and the LiPos in the cabin. Covered the LiPos with white adhesive vinyl.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210108_074231.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	293564Click image for larger version  Name:	20210108_074319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	293566Click image for larger version  Name:	20210108_074311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	293568Click image for larger version  Name:	20210108_074227.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	293570
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice work. I considered lt1pwr’s solution also but wanted to keep my medical interior detail so opted to mount my CC Talon 120 in the rear and run longer wires. I did install my 2S LiFe receiver pack between the seats, ‘tho.

Comment

Working...
            X