X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban Bell 407 Position Lighting System Wiring

I'm having a hard time finding how to wire the position lighting system for my Roban Bell 407. How do I hook it up to LED controller? What voltage does it need? Can't find a diagram anywhere and the manual doesn't tell me anything.

Also, is there a search bar for this forum?

Thanks

Ed

Are you installing the lights that came with your Roban kit?

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
      Are you installing the lights that came with your Roban kit?
      Yes I am. I have no idea how to connect the wires to the LED controller. Don't even know what voltage it takes.

Thanks

Comment

Well, I’m a little confused about what you are asking. The LED leads are prewired to the controller and the controller has a standard 3 wire receiver plug. Just plug the obvious receiver lead into a port on your receiver, then plug each LED micro connector from the controller into the LED. Steady green for the starboard side, steady red for the port side, slow flashing red for beacon, and strobe white for the tail. The extra leads from the controller can be used for extra LEDs if you wish. I run a 2s LiFe pack for my receiver w/o problems. You will need to purchase an electronic receiver switch if you want to control the lights from a Tx switch, otherwise they will power up with the receiver.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, PawPaw
          The issue I am having is that the LED controller does not have any labels at all. Its just a black box and I made the mistake of disconnecting everything in order to route the wires through the fuselage and I did not label anything. Also, I'm running HV servos at 7.4V and I guess thats a no go for this light kit.

Comment

My servos are HV as well and run on a 7.2v pack with this light kit. No problems. You will simply need to connect the green wire lead to the green wire LED, then connect the others, in turn, until you have a white flasher at the tail, slow flashing red for the top beacon, and steady red for the port (left) nav light. Won’t hurt anything to switch connections around for this process.

Comment

I decided to use a Futaba PS-01RS 1 Amp Step Down Voltage Regulator. It regulates the voltage from 7.4v to 5.0v. I connected both cockpit lights and the positioning lighting system. Has enough current tolerance for the lighting system. Connects straight to the receiver and used a Y-harness for the other two connections. Works great.

Thanks.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. Fun, ain’t it?

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. Fun, ain’t it?
                  Thanks, PawPaw
                  It is lots of fun indeed. Lots of researching, rearranging, cutting, gluing, etc. Lol

My first scale build. Did not know what I was getting myself into. Now I want to build another one! My wife is gonna kill me.

Comment

Spend it. More will come.

Comment

Spend it. More will come.
                      Don't listen to him Kaliman911, I did and spent more money than ever and now looking for my next heli project...........

Comment

Working...
                      X