You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Roban AH-1 470 RTF in Marines scheme.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Roban AH-1 470 RTF in Marines scheme.

Hello and Happy New Year!

I've been trying to locate a Roban AH-1 470 RTF model in the Marines paint scheme for a little over a year. I can't seem to find anyone in the states selling them... Does anyone know of a place or have a new one they'd like to sell?

The 470 is a perfect size (wont upset the wife like a 700 size would) really hoping i can find one for the spring flying season.

warmly,
    Anthony

Originally posted by Art-Tistic View Post
    Hello and Happy New Year!

I've been trying to locate a Roban AH-1 470 RTF model in the Marines paint scheme for a little over a year. I can't seem to find anyone in the states selling them... Does anyone know of a place or have a new one they'd like to sell?

The 470 is a perfect size (wont upset the wife like a 700 size would) really hoping i can find one for the spring flying season.

warmly,
    Anthony
    I had one and I'll warn you, they've got a lot of issues. In general, they are underbuilt and poorly toleranced. Had both the 470 Bell 407 and the Cobra and they were never ending maintenance problems. I had resonance problems, multiple main gear failures, low quality rotor heads, and bearing issues. Better to got with the 500 size fuselage and Trex 500 mechanics. Better engineered, and great flyers, but need a bit of detail and paint work to really shine.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I've read many similar comments. So will any new Trex 500 model work with the Roban AH-1 500 fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Art-Tistic View Post
        Thanks for the reply! I've read many similar comments. So will any new Trex 500 model work with the Roban AH-1 500 fuse?
        You will need a Trex 500 ESP, or a clone of it. They pop up fairly often in the RCgroups classifieds, or you can snag the Garrt clone off of eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GARTT-500FB....m46890.l49292. If you go with the clone, I’d personally replace the shafts and gears with Align parts. At a minimum, replace the torque tube with an Align part.

Unfortunately the newer Trex 500s are not compatible with the fuselage.

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I have a 500 SIZE Align AH-1 Cobra with a Trex-500 in it that I may be willing to part with. Here's some pics:

Jay

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67006.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	295437Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67005.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	295436

Comment

Looks Great, Jay!

Can you tell me the history and the specs (which model mechanics and electronics, what your including, and how much you would want, shipped to NJ?

Thank You

Best,
            Anthony

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I bought this helicopter already built but never flown. It has a Trex-500 with a flybar head. It has Align servos, Align ESC and a Futaba GY401 tail gyro. It runs on a single 6S battery pack and the ESC has a built in BEC to power the servos and receiver. As far as specific model numbers on the servos and ESC etc.., I'll have to check that this evening after work.

Jay

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I just sent you a PM with additional details.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                X