X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Jive in the house

Got my 600 G-Jive today. Still waiting on the blades and mount kit. Not sure if I will need the mount kit but I ordered it just in case.
    I’m putting a Trex 550 stretch to 600 in it with the 5 blade head and scale CCW blades.

this thing is beautiful and I can’t wIt to get her in the air.
    More to come as I start the build.

im still finishing up my 500 cobra rebuild and my 500 Apache build. Pulse I also have a 500 Black hawk coming any day now.

it’s going to be a rocking summer.

Gravy
    Attached Files

Where are you getting the blades???? I’ve been waiting months for MRC to restock 5 blade 600 sets for my 500E.

Comment

Scaleflying. They only had CCW. That’s also where I got the G-Jive. The G-Jive got here in 15 days via DHL. 😳

Gravy

Comment

Oh, ok. I need CW or symmetrical. Nice to know on shipping, ‘tho. Was thinking it took much longer.

Comment

Not sure why it got here so fast, but I’m not complaining. I ordered the wooden adapter kit for it back in January. It shipped out DHL 1/18/21. I still don’t have it yet. So now I wait to see how long the blades and left side tail control arm take to get here.

Gravy
          Attached Files

Comment

Guess it’s hit or miss on shipping then. Believe DCORSAIR’s Cayouse took a couple months also.

Comment

Ugh I just cracked my canopy window. Had it sitting on the table while doing a mechanic dry fit and had my head in the fuse trying to figure out what and where a hang up was. Made a movement and sent the canopy flying off the table. So now I need to either buy a window set for the canopy or the whole damn canopy.
              email sent to Scaleflying.

Gravy

Comment

Well did my clear blue tint job on the windows. It helped cover up my screw up. I’ll still end up buying a new canopy after I’ve flown it a couple times.

Gravy
                Attached Files

Comment

Every freaking time.
                  got my mechanics all set and ready to test.
                  Im out side and slowly bringing RPM’s up to lift speed. I move throttle up 5% at a time while pitch it flat.
                  got up to 60% and she add a little pitch in. She wants to lift. Then Hurricane Lucifer starts out of no where.
                  well that ****s this test down. 😡

every freaking time.

Gravy

Comment

Everything would be alright…..if it wasn’t for everything else. 🤔

Comment

Yeah now that I’m out and about with my son, no wind at all. If I were to fart it would linger for an eternity. I’d bet everything when I get home hurricane winds would be back.

Gravy

Comment

😂

Comment

Those CCW blades were symmetrical? The last time I ordered some from MRC (October 2019 i think) that said CCW, but were just symmetrical.

Comment

Yes the are symmetrical. I ordered my scale blades from scaleflying.de because motion didn’t have them or any ETA on them.
                            I got to finally hover it last night. she sounded good and felt good. I’m at 70% throttle.
                            I need to add some track tape to the blades. I have a small vibration I can see in the skid. I’m sure if it was in the MD500E fuselage that small vibration would look like a major vibration. So that will definitely need to be felt with before it gets mounted.

Gravy

Comment

Well I want going to mess with it until I got DCORSAIR’s OH-6 painted, but the heat has put a big delay on that. So I got the mechanics all done and hovered her last week. Today I put a good shake down on her then a good flight. I think I got her dialed in. She sounded and flew good. I might have a very slight vibration but really hard to tell. I’ll know for sure once she in the fuse and has those tell tale skids.
                              but if it does it’s all in the blades, and I guess tracking.
                              I did see a little tail bobbing on spook down, so I will balance out my tail feathers again.
                              but yeah she’s ready to be installed.

Gravy

Comment

Great hearing the news, Gravy! Not so great news for poor ‘ol DC, ‘tho. 😂

Comment

Yeah DC understands. I already have to do a bunch of extra work because I tried to paint it when it first started getting hot and ended up with a bunch of 3D texturing.
                                  so now I have to sand and reapply the rivets.

Back to my G-Jive.
                                  I got my mounting adapter all fixed up and was able to test fit it all. Fit is great. So I got a few things left to do.

Affix landing gear with screws.
                                  Run nav lights through skids and into body.
                                  run anti collision light to tail.
                                  Re epoxy left side dog house support.
                                  re attach lower right window.

it’s getting close

Gravy

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                      Yeah DC understands. I already have to do a bunch of extra work because I tried to paint it when it first started getting hot and ended up with a bunch of 3D texturing.
                                      so now I have to sand and reapply the rivets.

Back to my G-Jive.
                                      I got my mounting adapter all fixed up and was able to test fit it all. Fit is great. So I got a few things left to do.

Affix landing gear with screws.
                                      Run nav lights through skids and into body.
                                      run anti collision light to tail.
                                      Re epoxy left side dog house support.
                                      re attach lower right window.

it’s getting close

Gravy
                                      You just had to include a shot of that Cobra didn't you.

Comment

Got some work done on the lights. I need to come up with a solution to hide the wire going up the struts. Other than that I like how they came out.
                                        I need to design and print a clear can to go over the tail beacon.
                                        Landing head light is ready to be installed but I need to drill it out more. I’m using a nose gear landing light from the Free mowing F-15. It will be very bright.

I’m waiting on another white blinker to show up to install under the cabin.
                                        the top I will need to cover up. Not silupposed to be a light there in the G-jive.

she’s getting close.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                                        X