X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH-60 black hawk

Well not that I don’t have enough to do. Cobra, Apache and MD500E. I have received my UH-60 today it’s an Align 500 size kit. She is absolutely beautiful. I will post pics late of her next to Cobra and Apache for comparison.

Gravy
    Attached Files

Gravy, you got more helis in stock than MRC!

Comment

Yes and that’s unfortunate. Looks like Scaleflying recently got restocked, so hopefully that means Motion will get some stock Heli stuff soon.

Gravy

Comment

Family photo

Gravy
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
          Family photo

Gravy
          Looking good! What have you got in store for this one? Repaint? Cockpit detail? Can’t wait to see it come together.

Comment

So far this one is looking like a build angle fly stock. I might do a cockpit later, but she looks fantastic the way she is. I mean I’ll add the decals and seal them in. But I really like the pain job on it.
            Not like I couldn’t use a simple BNF that’s build and fly. Lol
            i do have the 4 blade main and tail rotor heads, but right now that’s the only mod planed.

Gravy

Comment

Ok so on the mod list, (not that didn’t take long)
              nav lights. I bought two sets of red/ white strobe and green/white strobe from Ready made. I needed a set for the Apache. So the extra set will go on the black hawk. I’ll have to separate the leds and add leads, but they’ll work fine. The white strobes will get red covers (one on top of tail and one under belly of boom). The green and red need to go on the landing gear stub outs. They are going to be a bit more tricky getting to from inside because of the way they are constructed.

So far that’s the only mod I am planing for this kit.

Gravy

Comment

Apache done, cobra done, Blackhawk is on the bench.
                mechanics are getting setup and hopefully tested this week. Only mod still planned is the nav lights, so hopefully this will be a quick build.

Gravy

Comment

Wow, three nice scalers almost done Gravy, plus your painting my OH-6, don't know how you do it, I drive truck all day and come home and plop myself down on the couch and don't move for awhile.....

Comment

Mechs hover tested tonight. Nailed the tracking, blades super quiet. I might be seeing a little vibration in the main shaft, not sure. It was (like freaking normal when I go to test a new helicopter) supper windy out side.
                    Will lock tight everything down now and giver a good few weekend shake-downs.
                    Nav light mod shouldn’t take to much to get done. I need to finger drill from inside out two holes, one on each side gear stub outs.
                    then I need to lay some gloss down where the decals go, decal it up ten mat coat it.
                    if all goes good, she’ll be done first of july.

Then I can work on the 600 MD500e G-Jive. 😁

Gravy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Guys, Gravy is hooked, he has an addiction and we need to help him, he will even talk you into buying one......

Can't wait to see that Blackhawk done and flying....

Comment

Looking good Gravy! Pay no attention to DC....he don’t mean it. I know. 😉

Comment

But he’s correct. And I am talking him into buying more.
                          my 500’s need big brothers.

Gravy

Comment

It's all my fault really, I have converted him over to scalers, yes I'm hoping to purchase a Cobra from someone soon.

Comment

I’m looking for a BlackHawk for you next. Start saving you couch coins.😜

Gravy

Comment

Comment

Got the lights installed. I need to print a Led mount for the bottom white anti collision.

some wire Managment and test install the mechanics.
                                  after that it’s touch up paint me decals.

Gravy

Comment

Lights look great, Gravy. That’s exactly how I schemed mine out except I did add a second beacon on top where the IR unit would normally be. Looks like you’ll finish up just in time to paint DC’s Cobra….if he wants it gray, that is.😎

Comment

Thanks.
                                      he might keep the paint on that one. Put a 4 blade head on it and call it scale.

Gravy
                                      Attached Files

Comment

That’s purdy. Looks just like that one except for the head.

Comment

Working...
                                        X