X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Question for all Roban 700 apache pilots

So i have my mechanics on a wooden test platform to get it flying the way i want it before putting it into the fuselage. I have the thing basicaly flying but i am having issues with the tail not being solid. I am running 1200rpm. I have the Bavarian Demon Axon 3 and my tail gain is currently at 75%. As i said i can fly it around as long as i use good collective control. But if i increase pitch a little hard or if i can descending and come to a hover suddenly the tail will spin out.
    My first question is about the gain. Should i just keep upping gain to see if it will "stick"? My other question has to do with my motor. I have the Align 800 520kv. This motor was actually recommended to me for this but the motor recommended on the motion rc site is a 450kv motor. Is this causing an issue? I am NO GOOD with figuring headspeeds and KV's ect. It would seem to me that the kv shouldnt matter in relation to the problem i am having. But i dont know. Any help would be appreciated.
    I have purchased a new Beastx plus 5.0 version to try here soon if i cant figure this out.

What are you using for a tail servo. If it's not a fast servo it can cause this issue.

It can be a rpm issue. If the tail moves clearly after a collective pitch change it can be a sluggish responding motor controller that doesn't keep the rpm up at max. torque. and accelerates too late. It can be fixed by increasing the rpms.

Are you running a governor at all?

Another thing to try is Revo Mix. You optimize Revo mix with reduced gyro sensitivity initially. Test it by giving sharp collective pitch inputs and see what the tail does. If it doesn't hold and the tail moves in the opposite direction of the main rotor rotation, then you need to increase the Revo mix amount. Once you find the best setting, then you can increase the gyro gain again.

Comment

Thanks Herman. I will try to answer. I can’t remember exactly which tail servo i gave as I wrote this but it is a higher end digital tail servo. A KDS I think.
      I have the castle 160HV and I am running governor mode. Rpms are 1100 (normal) 1200 (idle 1 and 2). I don’t think i can get up to 1300 at 100% but no higher.

as to the revolution mixing. I didn’t think you did that with an esc? I haven’t done that since my flybar/nitro days. I will have to look at my radio to see how it works.

Comment

I have a 4035 560kv in mine. I also added the tail rotor rpm upgrade from scale flying de. Im using the demon 3x and its rock solid

Comment

Originally posted by Aces View Post
          Thanks Herman. I will try to answer. I can’t remember exactly which tail servo i gave as I wrote this but it is a higher end digital tail servo. A KDS I think.
          I have the castle 160HV and I am running governor mode. Rpms are 1100 (normal) 1200 (idle 1 and 2). I don’t think i can get up to 1300 at 100% but no higher.

as to the revolution mixing. I didn’t think you did that with an esc? I haven’t done that since my flybar/nitro days. I will have to look at my radio to see how it works.
          The Revo mix is done in the Demon programming, not with your radio.

Comment

Thanks Atomic. I will look into it if I can’t figure this out. And thanks Herman. I will look into that as well.

Comment

Hello. I wanted to update and get more suggestions. So I installed the ikon 2 fly barless system and at 85% gain on the tail it still will turn 45° with a fairly hard collective input. I’m running 1350 head speed at 100% throttle. So it would seem that I either need to increase my head speed, which I don’t want to do, or purchase the tail upgrade kit to increase the tail speed. I would really like to fly at around 1100 to 1200 RPM.
              so my next question is about the tail upgrade. I see that it comes with two different tooth count gears. Do you utilize both gears or do you choose one? Which one will give the higher rotor speed? Also does anybody know of anyone carrying this in the states? Trying to get it here before the second week in May.

Comment

I could also use your help with another issue. I am trying to figure out how I am going to melt my horizontal stabilizer. I have been told not to use the nylon round hinge that came in the kit. I am wondering if anybody has used the one from the kit and if you had any issues or if you have used another hinge? I have ordered several different metal hinges to try but I can’t get the right fit. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X