X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion Tribunus V2 130A Slow start

Been dabbling with the various slow starts... I think I will post comparison videos of everything I have- but right now this is the Tribunus ... I think it will be the winner...
    I will post the CC slow start, the Beastx (which is pretty good as well), and the Hobbywing. I think the only one that can really beat it is the Kontronik... you can go all the way out to 60 seconds with it.

How do you set the Tribunus up for slow starts?

Comment

I used the sproto software (you can download from scorpion)- connected to computer with USB cable and did all of my settings there. The latest firmware update is 63 that came out in Feb 2021.
      When you are in the setup and under the heli section, there's a slider for slow start and ramp up speed.

Comment

Here it is on my UH-1...
        Roban UH1D 800 Test FlightJust got my Roban UH1D this past week and spent the weekend getting it together...so far I've had minimal issues... *knock on woodT...

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
          Did you ever finish that Cobra?? Nice UH-1, didn't know you had one of those, I was looking at the grey Marine version or the Cobra, did you get that UH-1 from MRC before they went out of stock or Scaleflying in Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Did you ever finish that Cobra?? Nice UH-1, didn't know you had one of those, I was looking at the grey Marine version or the Cobra, did you get that UH-1 from MRC before they went out of stock or Scaleflying in Germany?
            Not yet on the Cobra... Just got the UH1 around April 15th... ordered it from scaleflying.de... it's really PawPaw's fault... he made me do it...

Comment

Comment

Not yet on the Cobra... Just got the UH1 around April 15th... ordered it from scaleflying.de... it's really PawPaw's fault... he made me do it...

I'm not going to ask him which one I should buy next, he might make me buy two..............

Comment

Spend it....more will come.

Comment

So how was the Huey build? Any issues worth telling us? How long did shipping take??

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

So how was the Huey build? Any issues worth telling us? How long did shipping take??
                      So far so good... it's a lot more room to work around in than the Cobra. These mechanics are far better from the factory (HSM 2019 upgrade mechanics) than my Cobra were. To the point that it made me order the lever upgrade and tail gearbox upgrade for the Cobra. Of course I've learned alot about the setup since then as well, so that and coupled with the newer mechanics made that part go alot more smoothly. I plan on repainting it to more of an Army green. The only issue right now, is that without the mechanics installed, the tail cone fits very well when mounted. With the mechanics installed so far the tail cone isn't mounting up flush without me putting more pressure downwards on the vertical boom than I want to. Just a matter of finding the sweet spot up front I'm sure... couple mm's up front can turn into an almost an inch at the back...
                      Shipping wise, I paid for the quicker shipping, and the package was at my door in 6 business days with no damage whatsoever. Kit looks good, the only real compliant is the small sun windows above the pilots heads are painted more of an OD color, than the green/forest green color of the real helicopters.
                      To be honest, I liked those mechanics upgrades so much, that I ordered them right away, and they came in last week, and I spent the weekend getting them mounted on the Cobra mechanics (with technical difficulties of course)...

Comment

6 days wow, that is great to hear, yeah we have to pay for it but it's worth it, as for the upgrades for your Cobra, as you might know, I bought Gravy the clowns 700 Apache and have been flying it, it has the old style mechanics as well like the Cobra, I thought about upgrading it to the new gears and lever system, but it flies very well as is, I mean it tracks and is very stable, let me know if it makes the Cobra fly better or anything you might notice that is different with the upgrades, I don't think it's worth spending the extra money on the Apache, I could really feel the difference on my old AH-6 with old style mechanics versus my new Magnum PI and OH-6 with the new V-2 mechanics, so I'm just curious about that. Thanks

Comment

My cobra was actually flying pretty well, but I was feeling uncertain more in the longevity department... especially in the tail drive train area... and the Cobra is so small and narrow that it's a PIA to get the mechanics in and out. TBH, that's kinda why I have been dragging my feet on wrapping it up.
                          The cobra has that long vertical drop down shaft to drive the tail torque tube... and this new designed gearbox setup I think well really help the get all the slop out of that drivetrain. The lever system (just a better overall design I think) I don't think will be any game changer in how it handles, but I can see where it might help the FBL system be more crisp and precise.

Comment

Working...
                          X