X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life battery in a scale heli?

Do you guys use Life batteries in a heli to power the receiver? I have some 6.6v servos and thought about using one as a buffer pack with my Kontronik 160, but not having any experience with Life batteries, I had a 1 year old Life battery laying around and forgot about it until a couple of days ago, so I charged it up using my Life battery charger, it is a Proteck 2100mah 6.6v pk. My charger said it was fully charged but it was only at 83% when I checked it on my voltmeter, so I plugged it in my Microbeast and everything worked like it should, after a few minutes of working the controls everything went dead, checked the battery and it was like dead, voltmeter said 2.76 volts, so is this what happens to Life batteries if you don't properly cycle them or what is the procedure for these?? Thought about buying a new one but not sure if it's the way to go.

I use 2 Life batteries in my 10cc Valiant airplane. One for servos and one for ignition. I can get about 2 flights out of them (10 min each). I haven't used one in a heli tho. I have a 2S lipo powering my trex 700's receiver/servos.

Comment

Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
      I use 2 Life batteries in my 10cc Valiant airplane. One for servos and one for ignition. I can get about 2 flights out of them (10 min each). I haven't used one in a heli tho. I have a 2S lipo powering my trex 700's receiver/servos.
      Oh ok, what size are your batteries as for mAh ?? The Kontronik 160 is able to handle a buffer battery if the ESC fails, you plug it in along with the 12S Lipo and the Kontronik keeps the buffer battery charged while your flying, thats what I like about the Kontronik, I normally use a Fromeco 7.4V 2600mAh for my buffer battery and it works great and stays charged all the time but my servos can handle 8.4v, on this project it has servos that are 6.6v only, I didn't want to run a regulator and use the Fromeco pk so I was thinking just using a Life 6.6 battery and try it for a buffer pack, I just need to learn more about them before I try it, as for charging and how they respond as for draining them down to far or how their chemistry works.

Comment

Working...
      X