X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Roban 700 Cobra

Hey guys, got a new Roban 700 Cobra I purchased from PawPaw, he did the build on it and never flew it, awesome guy to deal with and did an awesome job on pkg to get it from Texas to Ca. safely.
    I finished it up and got if flying, flies really good and is a showstopper for sure. All I got left to do is get some pilots. Here is the very first hover with it, also a few pics and a walk around video. I did get a video of one flight but it turned out blurry on most of it so maybe next time, any questions on it just message me.

Roban 700 Cobra MKS 1220 cyclic servos
    KST 1035 tail servo
    Kontronik 160 ESC
    Futaba R6203SB rx
    Scorpion 560kv motor
    Protek 2100mah 6.6v life backup battery
    Microbeast Plus 4.2
    Stock light controller
    Stock 800 blades with stock 105mm tail blades
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Looking Good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
          Looking Good!!!
          Thanks, I have about 6 flights on it now and love it, how is your Cobra coming along??

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Thanks, I have about 6 flights on it now and love it, how is your Cobra coming along??
            Congrats!!
            Most of my energy of late has been going to my 600 size OH6/MD500... getting pretty close on it... plan on posting some pictures/videos soon.
            My Cobra is honestly about a half day's work from being in a decent flying shape. I keep sidetracking with work and life etc... It's such a pain to get the mechanics in and out the fuse, that I'm trying to do as much as I can to get it to be as mechanically ready/reliable as possible.
            The UH-1D mechanics I got in April are so much quieter than the ones on my Cobra as well... majority of the noise on the Cobra seems to originate from the drop down tail drive gear...

Comment

Congrats!!
              Most of my energy of late has been going to my 600 size OH6/MD500... getting pretty close on it... plan on posting some pictures/videos soon.
              My Cobra is honestly about a half day's work from being in a decent flying shape. I keep sidetracking with work and life etc... It's such a pain to get the mechanics in and out the fuse, that I'm trying to do as much as I can to get it to be as mechanically ready/reliable as possible.
              The UH-1D mechanics I got in April are so much quieter than the ones on my Cobra as well... majority of the noise on the Cobra seems to originate from the drop down tail drive gear...
              Why is your mechanics so hard to get out? I can have mine out in about 15-20 minutes maybe less, I just pop off the short tail pushrod, loosen the short boom and pull it out, remove the two stabs, loosen the front two bolts, unhook 4 wires from the Microbeast and mine are out...

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Why is your mechanics so hard to get out? I can have mine out in about 15-20 minutes maybe less, I just pop off the short tail pushrod, loosen the short boom and pull it out, remove the two stabs, loosen the front two bolts, unhook 4 wires from the Microbeast and mine are out...
                Hmmm... I wonder why I'm always using a cutting torch...

J/k... but barely. My cobra fuselage alone made me invest in a dremel tool. I had to trim so much around the cockpit area its crazy. When I was initially trying to get the mechanics inside, I had the tail servo pointing down like the pictures, but there seem to be no way to get the right angle to get it past the bottom lip on the interior of the fuselage. So I finally rotated the servo to the top side of the boom and use a golden rod from the servo to 45 degree gearbox, and was finally able to get it mounted. Every time I put the tail cone fuselage on, it feels like I'm just on the verge of cracking something trying to get the gearbox all the way thru.

It's a night and day difference compared between the Huey and Cobra. The tail cone on the huey is tricky as well, but not as bad as the cobra.

I read on your other post that you have the virus ... hope you are doing ok and get better soon friend!!

Comment

sfcfury Ditto that! Get well soon DC!

Comment

Thanks guys, it's a daily battle just to get out of bed, I thought I was getting over it but not to sure if I'm winning the battle or not. 8 days now and I still feel like I have been ran over by a bus, never had I have ever had aches like this in my life. Thanks for the kind words, can't wait to get out and fly again.

Comment

DC, how are you doing?

Comment

DC, how are you doing?
                        I made it through it, whew what a journey that was, still can't do much but I did sneak out yesterday morning and put a flight on my big Magnum PI Hughes 500D, I was a shaky pilot thats for sure for not flying in awhile and not flying the Magnum PI in a few months as well, flew great after my nerves settled down, Thank you for asking.

Comment

Hey guys...have a question ?
                          Where are you getting your scale fuselage kits from?
                          All the good ones seem to be out of stock.
                          Just asking....

Comment

If your shopping at MRC then you will see they are sold out of the popular kits, on one of my kits and others have shopped at Scaleflying.de in Germany, prices are higher though and make sure you ask them about shipping charges and all that, I think they did update their website that have shipping included to the US but make sure you ask before you order anything, they ship UPS right now but it can be expensive, they were shipping DHL but it takes up to two months to get your kit from what I heard and experienced, or just wait and be fast on the buy button when MRC gets a container in stock.

Comment

Hey....thanks for the info
                              wish there were more up for sale scale selling locally.
                              will keep the eyes opened.
                              Thanks,
                              Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by bacu8888 View Post
                                Hey....thanks for the info
                                wish there were more up for sale scale selling locally.
                                will keep the eyes opened.
                                Thanks,
                                Dennis
                                No problem, you see a Roban heli come up for sale once in awhile, shipping one is the issue, shipping charges are ridiculous right now plus the chances of damage, hope you find what your looking for, MRC does have a few in stock, didn't know if you looked at
                                Motion RC?

Comment

Working...
                                X