Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice: Roban "Huey" UH-1D Army 800 Size Scale Helicopter

Hi All -

I’m looking to order the Roban "Huey" UH-1D Army 800 Size Scale Helicopter on Motion RC but I see that it’s out of stock. Do these typically/frequently come back in stock or will getting one be difficult? (FYI - I’ve submitted my email to be notified if/when it’s back in stock)

Here’s the deal…I’m wanting to surprise my husband with a large scale RC Huey and I’m just starting to research this. If it’s unlikely that it’ll be back in stock on Motion RC, does anyone have any recommendations on who I could contact to discuss a custom RC? If it matters, I live in the U.S.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cortnee

Originally posted by Cortneechiwa View Post
    Hi All -

I’m looking to order the Roban "Huey" UH-1D Army 800 Size Scale Helicopter on Motion RC but I see that it’s out of stock. Do these typically/frequently come back in stock or will getting one be difficult? (FYI - I’ve submitted my email to be notified if/when it’s back in stock)

Here’s the deal…I’m wanting to surprise my husband with a large scale RC Huey and I’m just starting to research this. If it’s unlikely that it’ll be back in stock on Motion RC, does anyone have any recommendations on who I could contact to discuss a custom RC? If it matters, I live in the U.S.

Cortnee
    Hello Cortnee,

Usually they come back in stock every few months, so it might be a while before they come back. You might try shooting a message to Motion customer service and ask if there is an eta for another Roban container. There are a few other good options for custom building. Mark Smith at Heliworkshop does incredible custom builds of RC models from the Vario kits: https://www.heliworkshop.com/. He's a great guy and does excellent work. Will definitely be more expensive, but he always does an excellent job. His models will be a big step up from Robans in both detail and quality.

If you prefer to order the Roban model now, you could also order from scaleflying.de. They have it in stock and they do ship to the USA: https://scaleflying.de/en/Roban-Supe...800/Fuselages/.

Hope This help!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Hello Cortnee,

Usually they come back in stock every few months, so it might be a while before they come back. You might try shooting a message to Motion customer service and ask if there is an eta for another Roban container. There are a few other good options for custom building. Mark Smith at Heliworkshop does incredible custom builds of RC models from the Vario kits: https://www.heliworkshop.com/. He's a great guy and does excellent work. Will definitely be more expensive, but he always does an excellent job. His models will be a big step up from Robans in both detail and quality.

If you prefer to order the Roban model now, you could also order from scaleflying.de. They have it in stock and they do ship to the USA: https://scaleflying.de/en/Roban-Supe...800/Fuselages/.

Hope This help!

Michael
      Hi Michael -

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the info! 😊 I am going to reach out to Mark per your suggestion and see where this leads. I think custom is the way to go!

Best,

Cortnee

Comment

Hi All -

Cortnee
        Back in stock now on motion Rc !

Comment

Thank you! Got the notification and purchased it today!

Comment

Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post
            Back in stock now on motion Rc !
            Oops - meant to quote you. I got the email notification today and purchased it! Thanks so much!

Comment

Your husband is going to be very happy. Much less money than a Vario and when built properly presents and flys very nicely.
              Cheers
              DW
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helijet View Post
                Your husband is going to be very happy. Much less money than a Vario and when built properly presents and flys very nicely.
                Cheers
                DW
                Looks great man! Just started working on mine.

Comment

Hi All -

Cortnee

That is so awesome, what a surprise that will be for your husband, you are a good wife,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                  X