X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 FunKey Jet Ranger / Align 550X

For those of you that have stuffed an Align 550X inside of the .50 / 600 size FunKey Jet Ranger, are you using the carbon fiber tail control rod or a wire style control rod?

I used a wire rod. The only one I could find was for a 600 and was to long. So I cut and rethreaded it. My threads weren’t deep enough. This got me threw a few flights on just the mechanics, but the first flight after installing the mechanics into the ranger ended with a spin of death after a 5 minute flight. The rod pulled right out of the ball link.

the fuse didn’t make it. The mechanics got a 600 make over and are now installed in my 600 G-Jive waiting on a few finishing parts. Now I can use the 600 torque tube and control rod without having to cut and thread.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
      I used a wire rod. The only one I could find was for a 600 and was to long. So I cut and rethreaded it. My threads weren’t deep enough. This got me threw a few flights on just the mechanics, but the first flight after installing the mechanics into the ranger ended with a spin of death after a 5 minute flight. The rod pulled right out of the ball link.

the fuse didn’t make it. The mechanics got a 600 make over and are now installed in my 600 G-Jive waiting on a few finishing parts. Now I can use the 600 torque tube and control rod without having to cut and thread.

Gravy
      Ouch, that REEEEEEEALLY sucks!!!

Comment

If you haven't done this already - think about top tail control rod position, you'll have to get your servo up to the top of course.. there's perfect space in the scale boom for top tail control rod.

Comment

Working...
        X