You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotionRC Roban UH1 "Deluxe Combo Kit" is the gift that keeps on giving!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotionRC Roban UH1 "Deluxe Combo Kit" is the gift that keeps on giving!

This Roban UH1 "Super Combo Kit" I purchased from MotionRC is the gift that keeps on giving and keeps on siphoning money from my pocket.

This kludge excuse of a kit is a joke. This will be the last thing I purchase from MotionRC. MotionRC/Roban basically grabbed a bunch of mismatched leftovers from their dusty shelf and threw it in a box and called it a kit. Silly me! Also silly others who actually believed this joke would assemble and fly out of the box and who ended up crashing their UH1 because they didn't setup on a test jig first and get the heli flying before placing it into the fiberglass shell. $1000 here, $1000 there, it's only money. I should say it's only the customer's money since MotionRC won't do squat after their 30 day fogettaboutit support policy.

Quick summary of some of the earlier problems...

1. Received mishmash of 47 mm and 54 mm parts for a 54mm frame. I was then sent a couple of spacers the were wrong size. How difficult is it to subtract the difference and take that missing 7mm and divide it into two 3.5mm spacers? I also ended up buying over $200 of parts that were either wrong or missing. Some parts of the kludge design don't even exist... i.e. be ready to machine your own parts such as the correct 3.5mm spacers and a self lubricating bushing for the tail drive shaft. I could go on but you should get my drift by now.

Now on to the latest problem.... Apparently the MotionRC/Roban knockoff/counterfeit thrust bearings are total trash! Weird thing about thrust bearings is that they can feel just fine but when you fly them they basically try to lock up and create a slow tail wag that NO controller can deal with. I also decided to get the Align "Red" upgraded tail bevel gears. Ed Ardriano at MotionRC told me that the crap gears that were originally sent to me would shear in seconds of the first flight.

No big deal I just threw another $125 at it today and ordered "GENUINE Align parts to replace the entire tail assembly. Here's a short video that you can skip through for your viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AaIVuzTDds Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	331251Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	331252Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	331253Click image for larger version